Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kangaroo TV or Radio?
orton1966

posted on 29/6/10 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Kangaroo TV or Radio?

Hi All,

I’m going to the British F1 GP next weekend with my wife and son. This is our first live race, we have good stand seats (Luffield) but was wondering whether to sign up for the hand held TV’s or just take a radio and listen to the commentary on that.

What do people think, will either of the above improve the experience or should we just experience it all ‘live’ obviously it’s an expensive weekend and I just want to get the most from it

Thanks in advance for any advice.

p.s. what’s the best of the campsites that are either turn up and pay or which might still have space?

speedyxjs

posted on 29/6/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
You wont be able to hear the TV or radio. The cars are much much louder than they appear on the TV.

I went in 2004 and couldnt even hear the guy on the circuit commantary half the time

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Paul TigerB6

posted on 29/6/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Neither - its a load of rubbish at the Grand Prix and you'll see way more by staying at home watching TV!!

Guess that means you'll have some tickets going spare. Oh go on then - i'll give you £30 for the 3 to help you out

nitram38

posted on 29/6/10 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Theres a large TV screen across from Luffied so you should be able to read the track positions.

asl

posted on 29/6/10 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have been to the British GP since 1986. Last year I pushed the boat out and got the Kangaroo TV and it was by far and away the best thing I ever did.

It costs a lot to go so my advice would be to pay a bit extra and get the tv.

It is hard to hear so I would suggest taking ear defenders to put over the headphones.

With the TV you can choose from many different camera angles, watch the in car footage from any of the cars and keep up to date with standings / lap times etc.

It is only my humble opinion but TV everytime

Tipster69

posted on 30/6/10 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have always used the radio / headset from my phone to add to the experience as you can't really hear the tannoy's in the circuit broadcasting the commentary sync'd to the huge screens. This for me, definately adds to the experience.

That said, I have hired a Kangaroo TV for this years race has I got a great offer via email, for it for €50 for the entire weekend (which at todays rate is about £41).

Here is a link to the same offer, hopefully it will still work.

http://www.kangaroo.tv/mailers/f1/0303/f1kangarootvofferv1.html

Campsite wise we always stay on the SRA Site (Silverstone Recreation Association) which is basically a field with a clubhouse on, but it's short drawing into the village pub. It's about a 15-20 minute trek into the circuit.

Dunno if there is still availability but the website can be found here http://www.grandprixcamping.co.uk/ it gets chocca block every year but it is a rather big big big field.

[Edited on 30/6/10 by Tipster69]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.