Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Arrrrrghhhhhhhh
prawnabie

posted on 10/7/10 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Arrrrrghhhhhhhh

Anybody want a kit car, im tearing my hair out trying to get these webers sorted!!!

As in my previous post, I have an intermitant misfire on no.4 cylinder on idle cause by what I am sure is overfuelling as that plug is black.

In an attempt to sort it, I removed the top cover from the one dcoe, cleaned out the idle circuits, and idle jets with compressed air. I noticed the spring holders for the choke springs had come off so i refitted those and assembled it back together.

I balanced the carbs and then took it for a run. As soon as I put my foot on the gas to accelerate the car bogs down and will not attempt to move any quicker!!

Now I will have to take it back to the rollers as I am booked on a ferry to germany a week on friday with the car!!!

[Edited on 10/7/10 by prawnabie]

stevebubs

posted on 10/7/10 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
exactly why I ditched the black art of analogue....
prawnabie

posted on 10/7/10 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
if i dont end up selling the car I think i'm going to fit an injected bike engine. Im just sick of throwing money at rolling roads.
stevebubs

posted on 10/7/10 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
if i dont end up selling the car I think i'm going to fit an injected bike engine. Im just sick of throwing money at rolling roads.

Just inject the crossflow...

prawnabie

posted on 10/7/10 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Id need to sell the engine to pay for the injection gubbins. I do have an omex ecu but ive just had it with this engine!
omega0684

posted on 10/7/10 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
what about a zetec conversion?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jase380

posted on 10/7/10 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
bike carbs on a bogg bros manifold ?, that was the direction i was going in when i got balled of with my ever changing dellorto fueling on my old pinto.... still ditched it and went for a zx10 in the end though !!
rusty nuts

posted on 10/7/10 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Id need to sell the engine to pay for the injection gubbins. I do have an omex ecu but ive just had it with this engine!

My home made inlet manifold cost me about £45, the ZZR 1100 throttle bodies £65, the trigger wheel and sensor about £45add a fuel pump and swirl pot to your ECU and away you go . So much better than carbs and clockwork ignition

drhunter

posted on 10/7/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought!
When I first went out for a run in my Stylus it would be ok at half throttle but bog down if my foot got a bit heavy. Was staring at the idling engine just as it got dark and noticed that the electronic ignition coil? (redbull can sized thing) was arcing. Turns out that one pole had vibrated loose. Fixed that and it was fine once again!

coozer

posted on 11/7/10 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Bike carbs and Megajolt.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

atspeed racing

posted on 11/7/10 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Shame you are so far away. Would love to cure this fault.
It is NEVER a problem, just a solution opportunity.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
prawnabie

posted on 11/7/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies.

I have found the problem now, and it was my own fault. I removed no.4 choke and hadn't fitted it back properly. Only 1/2 the fuel was getting to the carb throat when you floored it. I still need to take it back to the rollers though as I have re-balanced the carbs and want that bit checking.

Thanks for the help I will go and hide for a bit now!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.