Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LPG: Autogas questions
Sprytny

posted on 11/7/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
LPG: Autogas questions

I have posted on an LPG forum regarding the servicing of an LPG system on a particular vehicle.

I am trying to service an LPG vehicle with a Lovato installation. It is simply the case of changing the filter and setting it up correctly.

My question is: where can the filter be located. I have include a link to the manual (refer to page 25 for the manual).

download.lovatogas.com/LOVECO%204EU/Manuals/IM_LOVECO-4EU_EN_rev0.pdf

Also, where can I purchase the special clips that secure the hoses. And finally, where can I purchase the interogation cable for this particular set up.

I've posted on this site: http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8137&p=52320#p52320

Your help is much appreciated.
With thanks

Greg

MK9R

posted on 12/7/10 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Shame you have had no response off that forum, it was quite helpful when i used to go on there.

Are you looking to change the liquid LPG filter of the gas saide filter or both?? All systems usually have 2, the wet side filter is usually in the brass casting the solinoid is attached to, its a small paper unit that once you remove the bowl, you just pull out. The gas side filter will be after your reducer and is usually an ali tube shape thing than is disposable.

see here for both filters (vapour, filter/shut off) and clips. I just used standard jublie clips as didn't have a tool for the proper ones.
http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/Bigas_SGIS-N_Components.html

Tinley tech are really helpful and usually the cheapest supplier of parts if they have it.

I'm not an expert but do know fair bit after owning a few LPG cars and installing a kit in a mondeo, so if you want any more help just ask

[Edited on 12/7/10 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.