Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford Options Advice
prelude1980

posted on 13/7/10 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ford Options Advice

My girlfriend bought a 09 plate KA from Ford last year on this Options scheme without me knowing, next year she can return/swap/buy the car.

If you just return the there is a guaranteed minimum value. If the car is worth more than this do they give you the cash? or do you just lose the lot?

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what
gets you.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/dodd1980

jimmyd

posted on 13/7/10 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
If you simply return the car you get nothing back. If you sell it back to the dealer you will get trade price and maybe not what you think it's worth but if it's over the MGFV yes you get something back. Best option is to try and sell the car when the time comes and settle the MGFV.

U2U me if you need any help, spent 17yrs working in Ford, many of which as a busness manager and wrote many training modules on Options!!

J

chris-p-duck
Contributor

Posts 256
Registered 16/4/07
Location West Mids

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a sense of satisfaction now things seem to work ok

posted on 13/7/10 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah there will be a minimum guaranteed value based on mileage etc. If you hand it back then in theory the car will cover the finance assuming you havent damaged the car or exceeded the contract mileage. If you have then they charge you a price per mile over the agreed limit (6p I think). If you part ex it against a new ford then they normally waive the fee to get you in a new car but if you return it and want to walk away they will try to get every penny out of you they can. If you have done mega miles then it might be worth buying it and selling it on privately to avoid the Ford penalties.

Cheers

Chris

prelude1980

posted on 13/7/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyd
If you simply return the car you get nothing back. If you sell it back to the dealer you will get trade price and maybe not what you think it's worth but if it's over the MGFV yes you get something back. Best option is to try and sell the car when the time comes and settle the MGFV.

U2U me if you need any help, spent 17yrs working in Ford, many of which as a busness manager and wrote many training modules on Options!!

J

ah now i never thought of selling it back to them, but no doubt when march/april comes next year i bet the car is only worth the MGFV

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what
gets you.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/dodd1980

MK9R

posted on 13/7/10 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
not sure what its worth, or how much she owes, but by law you can hand the car back and walk away once you have paid 50% of the loan as long as it in reasonable conidtioin for age. Just an option to consider when looking at the value

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.