Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oh dear 2gether...
coozer

posted on 16/7/10 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Oh dear 2gether...

Ok, I've been ringing round for quotes today and Sureterm quoted me happy but the same price as 2gether.

So, I wanted breakdown cover as well. Got a good price off Sureterm but thought I'd save the hassle and just renew with 2gether.

Phoned up and asked to renew and add breakdown cover. Extra £55!

So declined, was just about to ask for proof of no claims and the bloke I was talking to hung up on me!

That is the ultimate insult.

Gary, if your reading this please send me my proof of no claims.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Steve Hignett

posted on 16/7/10 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck getting your proof!!!

I asked 2 different people on 3 seperate phone calls and was promised it each time...

Ended up getting through to Gary who told me that it wasn't possible that I'd called 3 times and then told I wasn't eligible to have no claims proof (due to classic policy - so why didn't the other 2 guys tell me this!?!)

But he promised he'd write a letter and email it to me saying I'd been with them a year. He ended the call by saying, make sure it doesn't end up in my junk folder - classic prep work for not bothering!

And guess what - no letter................

And as above, the reason I wanted it was because after being told they'd def be cheaper they hiked the 2nd year premium up (a lot!).

I was with them for tintop and KC at first and BOTH policies had mistakes... (even after I'd corrected them on their form, they came back with same mistakes :mad

Alan M

posted on 16/7/10 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Your renewal notice should show NCD.

Should be all the proof you need, certainly used to be.

Tiger Super Six

posted on 16/7/10 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Most kit car policies don't earn NCD they are normally a special type of policy, so you won't get proof.

That's normally why they're so cheap.

Mark

Tiger Avon

vinny1275

posted on 16/7/10 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
my renewal note from 2gether said I'd accrued a years NCD. Not surprising really, as it's still not out of the garage.... soon tho!

Humbug

posted on 16/7/10 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Super Six
Most kit car policies don't earn NCD they are normally a special type of policy, so you won't get proof.

That's normally why they're so cheap.

Same here - my kit policies have always had no NCD earned on them

Steve Hignett

posted on 16/7/10 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Just to clarify mine (and others posts) - the NCD I personally was referring to my tintop and not the KC...

hobbsy

posted on 16/7/10 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Allegedly my kit car policy with Flux (can't remember the underwriter off the top of my head) does earn NCD.

Not that it makes any difference to the premium.

They usually try and put it up by a few £10's each year until I ring up and basically say "put it back down to £160 like it was last year and I'll take it".

One of these days I'll ask for proof and then use it to have a 2nd tintop that is expensive to insure without its own NCD and then just take out another "fresh" kit policy with them at the same price.

matt_gsxr

posted on 16/7/10 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
complain to the FSA if you think they behave unprofessionally. One or two e-mails won't do much, but once they get 10's or 100's they might do something.

You've already paid for the FSA, so why not use it. http://www.fsa.gov.uk/

My experience of 2gether is that they are a bunch of amateurs, but they are cheap.

Matt

flak monkey

posted on 16/7/10 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
All the classic and kit car policies i have had with Flux and 2gether dont earn no claims anyway.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

matty h

posted on 16/7/10 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I had policy with Flux which earned no claims.I rearly insured with 2gether dicided not to after reading people views on here pleased I did not now.I though that the insurance company had to give you a letter if you asked for one stating that you have so many years without a claim even if it was a flat rate policy.
Some insurance companies will except that if you have had years of insurance on a flat rate policy they will class these as no claims years.

Steve Hignett

posted on 16/7/10 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty h
I had policy with Flux which earned no claims.I rearly insured with 2gether dicided not to after reading people views on here pleased I did not now.I though that the insurance company had to give you a letter if you asked for one stating that you have so many years without a claim even if it was a flat rate policy.
Some insurance companies will except that if you have had years of insurance on a flat rate policy they will class these as no claims years.

That's what I was hoping but after 4 seperate attempts and promises from the owner, I'm now paying £650ish instead of £450 to insure my BM... So their incompetencies have cost me a hell of a lot more than what I saved by going with them in the first place (not to mention the mistakes and rude/abrupt conversations)...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.