Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with Omega Estate rear seat belt
carlknight1982

posted on 17/7/10 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Help with Omega Estate rear seat belt

damn thing failed its MOT on teh rear centre seat belt locked and wont release, it seems to be part of the actuial seat does anyone have a haynes manual for the omega or know how the rear seat belt comes out,
ive looked on ebay and the only one i can find is still in the actual seat and its in grey leather mine is grey cloth so a no go there,

cheers in advance lads

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

BigFaceDave

posted on 17/7/10 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
My old Mondeo did the same thing, turned out to be that the seat wasnt quite latching properly but did click into place, What I had to do was fold the seat down and give the seat a really good slam (as hard as I could!) and that solved the problem, not sure if it will be the same thing but may be worth a try.
omega 24 v6

posted on 17/7/10 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
haynes says remove the rear seat back and then remove the upholstery by releasing the security clips you can then unbolt/remove the inertia belt

"where a split rear seat is fitted, undo the pivot bolts at both ends of the backrest,recovering the washers, then unboltthe centre hinges from the support bracket and remove the backrest from the vehicle"

oh and it is easier if you remove the seat base first by pulling on the 2 IIRC plastic tags haging along the front edge of the seat.

[Edited on 17/7/10 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

jollygreengiant

posted on 17/7/10 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
And if you really are banging your head against a brick wall, I have an omega Estate thats not doing a lot at the mo, with dark grey cloth trim. Parts could be removed for a consideration.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

issunaz

posted on 17/7/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
If you are really struggling, there are countrywide parts & techy help galore on the "Omegaownersforum"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.