Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance Certificate in Europe
andylancaster3000

posted on 3/8/10 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Insurance Certificate in Europe

Heading over to Germany tomorrow then on to Austria with the road car. All the blurb everywhere tells me I need all the car documents on me. Just realised I haven't got my insurance certificate on me and can't get it before tomorrow. Called Admiral and they're going to charge me to email me a copy of the certificate.

So, the question is, what happens if I don't have it on me and circumstances require me to show it. Will get get fined or is it all hot air and If i have the policy details will I be OK? (I have an old one, renewal reminder which have the correct details ect just out of date) Or do I just lump it, pay up and stop being a tight git.

[Edited on 3/8/10 by andylancaster3000]

GMPMotorsport

posted on 3/8/10 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
If you don't have all of your documents up to date and with you then they can impound the car, heavy fine payable on the spot, would not take the risk.

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dogwood

posted on 3/8/10 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
^^^^ He ain't wrong ^^^^^^^

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

balidey

posted on 3/8/10 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
How much are Admiral charging?
I know its the principle and they shouldn't anyway, but if its a couple of quid then I would pay.
Why not complain to them, say you will leave them at renewal if they do insist on charging.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

bi22le

posted on 3/8/10 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
i got stopped while driving to the ring. They were quite easy going but did check all of my documents closely. I would suggest taking all your details otherwise it will play on your mind. They also checked for first aid kits and warning triangles on my mates car!
I was with flux last year and all of my documents were emailed. None were posted.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 3/8/10 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Got arrested at Rome airport and yes they asked for them........

AndyW

posted on 3/8/10 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
As someone said, first aid kit, warning triangle and spare bulb kit are legal requirments in some european countries, so worht making sure you have them too, also remember that some countries also require you to have side lights on during day, so keep em on just in case. Dont want to draw attention...
eddie99

posted on 3/8/10 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
What they say, i've just been across europe including austria germany and never got stopped but before i went, i did make sure i had all my documents and first aid kit and triangle etc.. etc..

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
dogwood

posted on 3/8/10 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
And hi viz jackets !!!!!!!

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

bmseven

posted on 3/8/10 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dogwood
And hi viz jackets !!!!!!!

Yeah them too, France require a high visibily vest to be present in the vehicle, and yes they do check!

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

snapper

posted on 3/8/10 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
France now require a high biz for each person but they only cost a few euros each
I also believe that if you wear glasses you need to carry a spare pair

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.