Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster Query
nnrouty

posted on 13/8/10 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster Query

Hi

After looking on the GTS Tuning site at rear wish bones, i noticed that they advertise them as 10mm longer than the book size, they say this is to correct a mistake.

Can anyone tell me if this is true?

http://www.ekmpowershop9.com/ekmps/shops/gtstuning/rear-lower-wishbones---haynes-roadster-204-p.asp

jabs

posted on 13/8/10 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Depends on the version of the book you have. In version 1 the dimentions for the rear bones were for shortened drive shafts. To use the standard driveshafts you had to increse the dimentions by 10mm. I think this was corrected in the 2nd edition. Look on the roadster forum and there is a thread on the book errors
Talon Motorsport

posted on 13/8/10 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
If you make the rear wishbones to the book sizes you will have to shorten the drive shafts by 10mm. Make the rear bones 10mm longer and you can use standard length shafts. If you go to the haynes forum you will find a list of book amendments.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
londonsean69

posted on 13/8/10 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
As others have said, they were incorrect in the first version. Mine is the reprint from July 2008, and has the correct dimensions.

Also, be wary of GTS, some people have had some bad experiences with them. Do a search on here for GTS.

Other firms to consider, with better reputations, and all active members of the Haynes forum are (in no particular order);
3GE
Saturn
Talon

Cheers
-----------------------
Sean

3GEComponents

posted on 13/8/10 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nnrouty
Hi

After looking on the GTS Tuning site at rear wish bones, i noticed that they advertise them as 10mm longer than the book size, they say this is to correct a mistake.

Can anyone tell me if this is true?

http://www.ekmpowershop9.com/ekmps/shops/gtstuning/rear-lower-wishbones---haynes-roadster-204-p.asp

As others have mentioned, it really does depend on which book you have as to wether or not you need to modify the drive shafts, it's only the first run of books that are incorrect, a list of "corrections" can be found here

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2430

As to buying wishbones, everyone who supplies them are making them to the correct length so you don't have to modify the driveshafts.

Hope that helps

Kind regards

John.

[Edited on 13/8/10 by 3GEComponents]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.