Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: madness ?
Screwy

posted on 4/6/04 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
madness ?

1600 crossflow engine on ebay bidding now standing at £300 | Link |

I was recently sniped on ebay for a 1600 crossflow with twincarbs that was guaranteed ford factory reconditioned and had only done 900 miles it went for £137:50 (i know i should have put my full bid in not messed about raising ) i cant believe 1600 crossflows are now worth this much <--- Yorkshireman (tight as a *****)

Peteff

posted on 4/6/04 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
He's got a Rover 3.5 V8 that looks like it was reconditioned with the same paintbrush and a T9 gearbox at £66. There seems to be no end to the gullibility of some people. I don't think I would trust an engine that I couldn't see before paying. Don't depend on ebay for your important bits, do some legwork and be sure.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Screwy

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Don't depend on ebay for your important bits, do some legwork and be sure.

Could'nt agree more ,it was just the sheer madness of people bidding £300+ because its had a lick of paint . The earlier crossflow claimed to have documentation proving its provenance and milage hence my interest though i,m thinking a zetec would be a lot easier to find locally and mega-jolt ignition helps keep the price of the conversion bearable .

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.