Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Turbo Question Help
madteg

posted on 30/8/10 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Turbo Question Help

Should i have a restrictor pill in my pipe between actuator and turbo housing, not Shaw what it does.
x_flow57

posted on 30/8/10 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I don't know about in your set up, but my slightly modified GT4 Celica had no boost without one fitted.

Hope thats some help.

Nick

imp paul

posted on 30/8/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
evos are the same if you want more boost fit smaller re stricter or less larger hole in the re stricter but most turbo s don't have 1 try it without see how you go
coyoteboy

posted on 30/8/10 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
All a restrictor in the actuator feed will do is slow the opening of the wastegate, not prevent it or change the pressure at which it opens, as it increases the time (slightly) that the pressure takes to equalise either side of it? On a standard celica gt4 there is nothing in the feed between compressor and actuator. The second actuator feed goes to the bleed valve under the intake manifold and is used to bleed off 2-3psi in 3rd-5th, which has the effect of reduced boost (actuator pressure only) in 1st and second.

Not that the GT4 has anything to do with it, but as x_flow brought it up I thought I'd expand.

[Edited on 30/8/10 by coyoteboy]

imp paul

posted on 30/8/10 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
as above seems a good way to explane it in a nut shell i did have a evo6 that over boosting so i have seen this before lol we opened the little brass re stricter out a very small amount and all was sweet back to 1.25 bar no more problems
coyoteboy

posted on 30/8/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, I think some manufacturers put them in to tailor the shape of the boost curve but also to prevent the actuator dancing back and fro too fast on part-throttle variations? Some turbos are probably more sensitive than others, likely to be size dependent at a guess.
madteg

posted on 30/8/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks that makes sence i will not bother as i have plenty of boost

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.