Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help with routing handbrake cable
Arthur T wareing

posted on 26/9/10 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
help with routing handbrake cable

Hi on my stm locost the cables are in pasanger comrartment attached to side of tunnel but the handbrake leaver is on the top of tunnel how do I route inner cable so as to avoid prop shaft. I would be greatful for any ideas. Regards Arthur
Rob E

posted on 26/9/10 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
If you post a pic or two it would be easier to try and work out,normaly just comes in from the rear looped past each other and slotted in a bolt that has been drilled .
Richard Quinn

posted on 26/9/10 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
If you mean what I think you mean, you've put the ends of the two rear cables through the sleeves that are just to the right of the passenger seat (by the side of the tunnel) and you are now wondering how to attach these cable to a lever on the tunnel top?
If this is the case, then you can't. The Aries (STM) at some point has used a handbrake mounted on the side of the tunnel (hence the side cable mountings) like some of the Fisher cars. If you are using a top mounted handbrake you will have to drill one of the rear tunnel top cross pieces to take the cable ends. Hope this is clear.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.