Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: We Should quarentine new members!!
Krismc

posted on 13/10/10 at 11:55 AM
We Should quarentine new members!!

People who join just to buy items or ask for info then dont reply. it really winds me up.

Ive sold a item to someone (whos name differs from paypal name), he payed paypal which is fine, then i posted item and got receipt, he didnt want insurance or anything and it hasnt arrived yet so he reversed payment and paypal temp put me into debt, i only posted late last week royal mail 2nd class so im sure it will arrive today or tomorrow - if i sell on ebay and its over £35 i request they get insurance if they decline then its there problem - but everything have arrived ok everytime.

now i think i wont sell on here again unless its someone i know

and on Ebay, sky, paypal and here im Kris mc i dont hide my name why do people use strange names and never give proper ones??

AHhhh and once again its buyers option to have it insured, if i get reciept from post office then thats my side of deal done. ive sold and posted

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

GBaggott

posted on 13/10/10 at 12:19 PM
-

I'm GBaggott...

whoever bought the item from you is a bit of a cock - he could have just contacted you to check delivery etc.
don't let it put you off.

l0rd

posted on 13/10/10 at 12:26 PM
I am yiannisf4p125hp on fleebay

My name though is Ioannis.

UncleFista

posted on 13/10/10 at 12:36 PM
I'm Tony Bond, UncleFista online for most things. It's up to you to get goods to the buyer. If they don't want to pay for postage/insurance then don't sell to them :-)

Always send "signed for" too or as you've discovered, you don't have a leg to stand on and Papal will refund :-)

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Krismc

posted on 13/10/10 at 12:38 PM
He txt me on Monday, and I said delivery tues-thurs
. Paypal withdrew 155quid from my account until resolved. Its a joke. Buyer protection is good, but over kill when I've got proof of posting.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

wylliezx9r

posted on 13/10/10 at 12:44 PM
You have taken quite a hardline there ie tarring all new comers withe the same brush. If everyone took that approach what a sh1t world it would be.

I am quite a new member who is building a car and I have bought and sold several things on here with no priblems. if everybody took your advice what would we new comers do then ?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

mcerd1

posted on 13/10/10 at 12:51 PM
I've not had any problems buying from or selling to folk on this site yet and some of them only had 2 or 3 posts

-

matt_gsxr

posted on 13/10/10 at 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear of this problem, maybe its an honest mistake.

The good thing is that the number of posts that people have made is quite clearly shown. I think you could chose not to answer questions from noobies, and also include in your "for sale" that you won't sell to anyone who has fewer than 50 posts. We were all noobies once.

Paypal; well that is a whole other problem.

Matt

40inches

posted on 13/10/10 at 01:01 PM
I didn't think you could file a complaint regarding postage for 10 days?
Liam

posted on 13/10/10 at 01:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
. Paypal withdrew 155quid from my account until resolved. Its a joke. Buyer protection is good, but over kill when I've got proof of posting.

But you haven't got proof of delivery. Your proof of postage could be for anything. Without proof of delivery paypal will almost certainly side with the buyer. That's why you must always use a service with addressed proof of postage, online tracking and proof of delivery. Your only hope is to try and claim from Royal Mail, but as 2nd class isn't a trackable service, I'm not sure you'll have any luck there.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 13/10/10 at 01:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:

But you haven't got proof of delivery. Your proof of postage could be for anything. Without proof of delivery paypal will almost certainly side with the buyer. That's why you must always use a service with addressed proof of postage, online tracking and proof of delivery. Your only hope is to try and claim from Royal Mail, but as 2nd class isn't a trackable service, I'm not sure you'll have any luck there.

No the whole point is the buyer hasn't allowed for the normal standard delivery time by this type of post. Paypal/Ebay really don't treat sellers fairly in this respect.

I had similar problems with a d**k head female ebayer who bought an item from me a few years back who filed a complaint on Tuesday morning for an item that closed on late Friday afternoon and was posted first class on Saturday at 9am. It turned out the item had been correctly delivered on Tuseday but her d**k head son hadn't bothered to tell her, so she filed a complaint and went off to the Caribean for 4 weeks.

britishtrident

posted on 13/10/10 at 01:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I didn't think you could file a complaint regarding postage for 10 days?

Yes you can and it is grossly unfair to sellers.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

balidey

posted on 13/10/10 at 01:16 PM
I'm afraid this could be an expensive lesson. Regardless of whether you offered them insurance or not, its you that should have made the decision. Saying they declined it carries no weight with Paypal.
I send ALL my items recorded and with insurance level to cover the cost of the item.
You can claim back some cost from Royal Mail, I think its a max of £41 now. It can only be done 14 working days after posting.

But all that asside, the guy sounds like a 'enter expletive here' if he has not given you a chance to sort it out and just went straight to Paypal. Perhaps he did this after it arrived and noticed it was un-recorded? Timing seems too convenient?

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

dhutch

posted on 13/10/10 at 01:52 PM
I think your problem here is with paypal not the forum.

Having hat to place my forum on manual vetting for about 6 weeks while we sorted out a spam-attack issue with a forum upgrade i cant tell you its a poor answer regaurdless of the question.

It took me about an hour every other night to process around 60 applicants. And we still got spammers thro, we got people who'd be declined wrongly, people who where annoyed that they could post stright way, and time where all of the moderators where away for a few days causing a huge backlog and more complaints.

Daniel

02GF74

posted on 13/10/10 at 03:34 PM
quote:
and on Ebay, sky, paypal and here im Kris mc i dont hide my name why do people use strange names and never give proper ones??

errrmmm, no idea wot you are talking about

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
I had similar problems with a d**k head female ebayer who bought an item from me a few years back who filed a complaint on Tuesday morning for an item that closed on late Friday afternoon and was posted first class on Saturday at 9am. It turned out the item had been correctly delivered on Tuseday but her d**k head son hadn't bothered to tell her, so she filed a complaint and went off to the Caribean for 4 weeks.

Jamaica?

.... or did she want to go?

rhinopower

posted on 13/10/10 at 03:47 PM
Talking about me?

Firstly, at what point did I say I didn't the package insured?

You listed the megasquirt ecu for £150, I paid the deposit and informed you that I would send £155 (the amount you are in debt to paypal now) so that the package could be sent recorded. If you sent the ecu 2nd class it would of cost you 75p extra. If you sent it when you said you did then its gone missing and you need to refund me. Paypals T&C's state that if an item is over a certain value it has to be send insured.

rhinopower

posted on 13/10/10 at 03:50 PM
And lets face it, I was always going to be suspicious when you will only text and not answer the phone, you say parcelforce in text message but 2nd class post on here, i think you need to get your story straight!
Krismc

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:30 PM
That's ok I've spoke to local lad who delivers parcels too urs along with another van and will let me know when you have got it, so ill expect a 24hr turn around on paypal.

Ill answer phone if you ring me but expect a high phone charge as I'm in portugal.

You u2u states basically states -ill pay deposit then ill pay other and im in no rush cause im still building.

And txt says my pregnant wife will post once I tell her you payed, you payed i checked on paypal late that night, then next day i txt to tell her to post it, she did and ill will be with you 2mora. At the worst Friday.

rhinopower

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:42 PM
If it turns up rest assured I will let you know. I'm a moderator on another forum and used to dealing with this sort of problem. I'm suprised the post office gave you details of who delivers my mail, although I expect your making that up.

Why when i paid over the odds for postage, did you send it second class not recorded then?

[Edited on 13/10/10 by rhinopower]

Krismc

posted on 13/10/10 at 05:50 PM
Post office didnt give me the details, my collegue at council found out for me through one phone call.

rhinopower

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:02 PM
Ok, whats their names then?

Any why did you send it second class?

I believe a megasquirt weights approx 500g, heres the post offices charges.

First Class stamps* Delivery Aim 1 Day Up to £41 No £2.24
Recorded (Signed For) First Class stamps* Delivery Aim 1 Day Up to £41 Proof of Delivery £2.98
Second Class stamps* Delivery Aim 3 Days Up to £41 No £1.95
Recorded (Signed For) Second Class stamps* Delivery Aim 3 Days Up to £41 Proof of Delivery £2.69
Special Delivery 9.00am Guaranteed by 9:00am next day Up to £50 Tracked £13.10
Special Delivery Next Day Guaranteed by 1:00pm next day Up to £500 Tracked £5.50
Standard Parcels Delivery Aim 3 Days Up to £41 No £4.41

scootz

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:04 PM

It's Evolution Baby!

rhinopower

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:08 PM
Furthermore, there has been no U2U's between us which you claim there has, only text messages, I am happy to screenshot and upload the whole conversation if you wish but i've not at any point said im not in a rush and still building (its a complete car!), your text mentioning your wife posting says nothing about her being pregnant (but i see no relevence?), in your original post you said you posted the item, but you've told me its your wife who posted it, you keep changing the truth here!
karlak

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:08 PM

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

gottabedone

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:14 PM
Guys - I hope this resolves itself amicably but your problem really isn't as a result of the forum so how about going to U2U before beer and handbags come out.

If it stays here then Scootz's your offer looks good, I'll bring the Minstrels

Steve

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.