Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: decent (and free! ) suspension software?
NS Dev

posted on 13/10/10 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
decent (and free! ) suspension software?

Anybody using anything quick and easy for calculating pickup points?

I have been faffing about with susprog all day before losing my rag totally with it!!!

I cannot fix the wishbone dimensions in it and then move the pickups to suit, it keeps buggering about with my wishbones, as there doesn't seem to be any way to force it to treat the two "halves" of the wishbones as fixed together

Could be my stupidity!

I want to crack on with building and I cannot optimise the upper wishbone pickup points (not locost chassis and not locost wishbones!! )

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

balidey

posted on 13/10/10 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Allan Staniforth patented String Computer?

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

NS Dev

posted on 13/10/10 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
its on the marginally (but not by much) autocad "sticks and balls" diagram computer as we speak!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

CNHSS1

posted on 13/10/10 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
off topic, but sent you guys an email yesterday to check re if you sell a chevette steering UJ to replace the std rubber donut jobbie? any joy?

CNH

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

MikeCapon

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. Is this any good to you?

HTH

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeCapon

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
If the above is not what you need I have an Excel jobbie that should do what you want. As we can't upload stuff at the mo send me your mail and I'll let you have a copy.

Cheers,

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CNHSS1
off topic, but sent you guys an email yesterday to check re if you sell a chevette steering UJ to replace the std rubber donut jobbie? any joy?

CNH

Hi yeah I think my brother has replied...

we don't have an off the shelf solution, but I have enquired elsewhere and will get back asap.

CNHSS1

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
not seen a reply, will PM you my email address again though.
Thanks for checking

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

v8kid

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
http://locost7.info/mirror/suspension.php

See 3/4 way down SLARK

Excel based you can get rc constant dist from c of g if thats your bag

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

NS Dev

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon

HTH

Mike

hey I like that!! Ideal, between that and tortoise-string (as autocad is now known in this office! ) I am now sorted!!

cheers

Nat

NS Dev

posted on 13/10/10 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon

HTH

Mike

hey I like that!! Ideal, between that and tortoise-string (as autocad is now known in this office! ) I am now sorted!!

cheers

Nat

NS Dev

posted on 13/10/10 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
http://locost7.info/mirror/suspension.php

See 3/4 way down SLARK

Excel based you can get rc constant dist from c of g if thats your bag

Right, had a play with that, only one big question, what is the "Z" figure for "centre of wheel"??

I took it that all the Z dimensions are heights, in which case why doesn't it just use the rolling radius, and why is the example number 550 for a 300mm radius wheel??

NS Dev

posted on 13/10/10 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
.......presumably its just that the example isn't sat on the datum line (just refer everything to the "ground"??

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.