Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: WHEELS
shorts

posted on 27/10/10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
WHEELS

Hi i'm building a new mk indy r will it be ok to use team dynamics pro race 1.2s with a ET35,

Also there seems to be a shortage of toyo 888
any ideas where to buy them.

help appreciated

Dave

Mal

posted on 27/10/10 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
A point concerning your tyre choice.
My car passed its IVA test a few days ago with R888 tyres fitted. However, I did read, possibly on here, that these tyres would not continue to be road legal for too much longer into the future.
I suggest you contact Toyo Uk for clarification of this before spending a chunk of money ton tyres that may only be suitable for track use when you have finished the car.

Mal

shorts

posted on 27/10/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
WHEELS

quote:
Originally posted by Mal
A point concerning your tyre choice.
My car passed its IVA test a few days ago with R888 tyres fitted. However, I did read, possibly on here, that these tyres would not continue to be road legal for too much longer into the future.
I suggest you contact Toyo Uk for clarification of this before spending a chunk of money ton tyres that may only be suitable for track use when you have finished the car.

cheers mal but in guensey we don't need a test or mot so that is not a problem.

thanks

Dave

Mal

omega0684

posted on 27/10/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
get proxy T1R tyres, nice and soft and you can a full set for the price of 1 888!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stott

posted on 27/10/10 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
I heard at the weekend that you have to sign a disclaimer when you get 888s to say they won't be used on the road as, wait for it........

they are too noisy and fail the EU drive by noise test

They are bloody noisy though............... lol

loggyboy

posted on 27/10/10 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
If that was even remotely true, i think toyo would tell you on their site:

quote:
Fast on the track, the road legal Proxes R888 is the most sophisticated track day tyre offering maximum performance. Proxes R888 boasts an outstanding handling compound which deliveries optimum results in the dry and wet. The medium soft compound performs significantly better than most soft compound tyres.

The improved performance over the soft compound track tyres stem from the advanced casing design developed by Toyo's motorsport team and the sophisticated compounds employed .

The proxes R888 is available in a range of sizes and this is growing to encompass even more popular fitments. Latest additions will be added to the website on www.toyo.co.uk

Testing has been conducted at Toyo's own proving ground in Japan as well as the UK to ensure the tyres perform well in more familiar conditions.

Some road legal track tyres have to provide warnings about their use in the wet. Whilst not designed as a wet tyre, the proxes R888 out performs other track tyres here too. If there is a deluge after a day's track action, drivers can rely on it's performance to get home on public roads.

Caution: Careful attention is required in wet conditions due to limited aquaplaning capabilities.

http://www.toyo.co.uk/productdetail.php?identity=products&product_id=18

DRC INDY 7

posted on 27/10/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
its all a load of crap they are not banning toyo 888 i have read the full eu report on this the tyres can not be sold other than registered outlets and the tyres have to be clearley label to say that they will be crap in the wet plus the outlet have to warn you as well

after i have worn my 888s out i will be fitting toyo R1R same soft compound as 888 but a lot cheaper in price

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

Stott

posted on 28/10/10 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Well there were a lot of people on about it at the weekend, it was the noise they were banging on about. I think it will happen but not yet:

LINK

So as I said they are not going to be banned and will still be available for sale but you'll have to agree not to use them on the road.

ATB
Stott

dhutch

posted on 28/10/10 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7after i have worn my 888s out i will be fitting toyo R1R same soft compound as 888 but a lot cheaper in price
Where are you getting prices for the R1r?

RK

posted on 31/10/10 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
There are many places to get tyres. Racecarsdirect.com has lots.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.