Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wobble nuts and centre bore
JoelP

posted on 31/10/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
wobble nuts and centre bore

i need some 118mm wheels, but ive found loads of 120mm ones off BMWs. Can wobble nuts/studs take up this difference, and would it matter if the centre bore was also wrong? Ie can wobble nuts centre the wheels?

Cheers!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

pekwah1

posted on 31/10/10 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
wobble nuts i think can just about do 2mm.
As for the centre bore, you will want something called a spigot ring which will make up the difference

loggyboy

posted on 31/10/10 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
if you use wobbles, you will also want spiggot rings to centre the wheel if the centre bores dont match.
tonym

posted on 1/11/10 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
I would also see if you can get a discount from the undertakers before the accident happens if you really want to save money. These things are safety related and if you had an accident VOSA would have a field day.
Bluemoon

posted on 1/11/10 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tonym
I would also see if you can get a discount from the undertakers before the accident happens if you really want to save money. These things are safety related and if you had an accident VOSA would have a field day.

Yes, but if done properly it may not be an issue.. i.e. I would ring VOSA to find out the true story... After all wobble bolts are sold for this purpose by some reputable outlets.

Dan

RazMan

posted on 1/11/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
In any case, make sure you fit a suitable spigot ring or you really will have wobbles The centre bore takes all of the stress from the mounting bolts and centres the wheel - the bolts just hold it to the hub

[Edited on 1-11-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 1/11/10 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
cheers chaps. A local scrapyard had the right ones in anyway, so i've avoided the issue. But thanks for the info.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.