Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Diesel remap for VAG 1.6 TDI ???
nick205

posted on 31/10/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Diesel remap for VAG 1.6 TDI ???

Remaps are well discussed and documented for the VAG 1.9 and 2.0 TDI engines in various states of base tune, but I can't find any info on the web on the newer 1.6 TDI engines.

Anyone had one remapped or heard of anyone who has?

And if you're thinkkg why not just start with a bigger engine - they cost more and are taxed harder

turboben

posted on 1/11/10 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
What year and model is it?
auroan

posted on 1/11/10 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
The new VAG 1.6TDIs use the newer bosch ecus with enhanced encryption. This basically means no mapping unless you can break the encryption keys.
nick205

posted on 2/11/10 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turboben
What year and model is it?

It will be an Octavia next year.

I did wonder whether the remap capability might start to be "discouraged" by manufacturers, particularly where they have emissions regs to comply with.

Ninehigh

posted on 2/11/10 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thing is why should it be their problem what you do to it? Further to that there's things they can't stop you doing, like fitting a whacking great turbo

nick205

posted on 4/11/10 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Thing is why should it be their problem what you do to it? Further to that there's things they can't stop you doing, like fitting a whacking great turbo

True, it shouldn't be their concern, but it may be driven by legislation as most things are these days.

You could bolt on a bigger turbo, but you'd then need to remap to take advantage of it.

ChrisW

posted on 4/11/10 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick

I spoke to a mate of mine that has a company doing remaps about this. He says that they can't read/write these ECU's yet, but that support has been promised by the manufacturer of the equipment shortly. He's going to let me know as soon as that happens.

It's some fairly expensive kit he's got, certainly not a Mickey Mouse outfit, so I would assume the same applies for most tuning companies.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.