Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Should I let him get away with this....
vindicator

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Should I let him get away with this....

There I was looking for a small car trailer on ebay and I wondered over to the Kit cars for sale section. There I found someone selling his half completed kit car from the same kit car supplier as my car.

Interested I took a look at the photos and then found pics of my car!!!!!

Should I ask the guy for some money for helping to sell his half completed kit or ask him to remove the pics of my car....

What do you think I should do.....

Vindicator Sprink mk4 XL kitcar kit rolling chassis on eBay (end time 02-Dec-10 21:26:55 GMT)

Regards

TimR

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

vinny1275

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'd at least ask him to blur the number plate!!

Bluemoon

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Be flattered... Shows your car as a good example of what can be achieved, he says in the add that is what the last 3 photos are...

[Edited on 12/11/10 by Bluemoon]

changed faltered -> flattered, dam dyslexia..

[Edited on 12/11/10 by Bluemoon]

Hellfire

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Neither. He's specifically stated in his advert that the last three pictures are an example of a similar vehicle taken at a show....

Phil

Jasper

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Photos taken in a public place - he's completely within his rights, you may own the car, but his photos are his copyright and he can do what he wants with them. As others have said, be flattered.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

jossey

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
ask him to mention its your car and the locostbuilders site maybe :O)

and ask him to blur the plate.

dave :O)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoR1

posted on 12/11/10 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Happend to me a couple of times had the same thoughts as you initially but when you think about it its quite flattering
Would defiantly ask him to blur the plate though.

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

RazMan

posted on 12/11/10 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon as your car was on an exhibition stand with both number plates on view, he isn't the only person with good photos. With hindsight, it would have been a good idea to mask the plates while on show, but hey .... bask in the glory!

[Edited on 12-11-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 12/11/10 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
You'd actually consider asking for money if your car shows up in a photo somebody took in a public place??? If you dont want people looking at/photographing your car, dont bring it to shows!
pewe

posted on 12/11/10 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Put it another way - if you were selling your part-built car would you put pics of a finished one in the ad?
Plus he's stated it was taken at a SHOW
QED.
Cheers, Pewe

dhutch

posted on 12/11/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
I reckon as your car was on an exhibition stand with both number plates on view, he isn't the only person with good photos. With hindsight, it would have been a good idea to mask the plates while on show, but hey .... bask in the glory!

This.

And get a pair of LCB.co.uk plates made up for the next show.

ChrisL

posted on 12/11/10 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
What's the deal with blurring out the reg? I don't get what people are trying to protect, so what am I missing?
r1_pete

posted on 12/11/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisL
What's the deal with blurring out the reg? I don't get what people are trying to protect, so what am I missing?

I have often wondered that, other than if it were the owners car in the ad it 'advertises' the car and where it is kept, its common on TV too to blur the plates when the owner is identifiable - which I can understand.

But in this case whats the difference between the photo online, and the 100s of people who photo'd it at the show, or walk past and clock it in the street

please enlighten me, I'm sure there's a good reason?

Rod Ends

posted on 12/11/10 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The government will sell your details to anyone (including criminals)

Mark Allanson

posted on 12/11/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You could build/buy any old heap of sh!t, buy some show plates online and drive around without upsetting the ANPR cameras, speed through speed cameras and totally avoid IVA, not nice.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

tomgregory2000

posted on 12/11/10 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
quote:

You could build/buy any old heap of sh!t, buy some show plates online and drive around without upsetting the ANPR cameras, speed through speed cameras and totally avoid IVA, not nice.

but you could walk down the street and take a note of any number plate and do the same, i fail to see the point of masking the plate

iank

posted on 12/11/10 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
quote:

but you could walk down the street and take a note of any number plate and do the same, i fail to see the point of masking the plate

But the crims don't even have to get off their backsides when there are so many plates to choose from on the internet and they can get an exact match on colour and model. TBH it's a much bigger problem for tintops as they don't want to stand out from the crowd so don't tend to drive/steal unusual cars.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.