Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Whats a good website for free film downloads ?
steve m

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Whats a good website for free film downloads ?

As ive said above, a free, film download site wanted !!

any one ??

Steve

cd.thomson

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
doesnt work quite like that..

download peerblock, install and run
download vuze/utorrent, install and run
visit www.btjunkie.org and search for whatever youre after, click the download torrent link

obviously don't use this method to download anything copyrighted

Craig

UncleFista

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
If you do torrents, I have invitations for a couple of private torrent sites I could send you ?

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

cd.thomson

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
If you do torrents, I have invitations for a couple of private torrent sites I could send you ?

id be interested

Craig

Tipster69

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Newsgroups without a doubt (but you need to know what your doing)

edit: google searching for "nzb" is a good start point

[Edited on 21/11/10 by Tipster69]

pekwah1

posted on 21/11/10 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
naughty naughty....
i've heard in a crime magazine that isohunt.com is supposed to be good for vids, movies, software etc.
It is a torrent site.

maskell01

posted on 21/11/10 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Great torrent site

Confused but excited.

posted on 21/11/10 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone tried BTGuard, anonymous torrent download proxy?

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Howlor

posted on 21/11/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
www.kino.to to watch online.

Steve

Howlor

posted on 21/11/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
www.kino.to to watch online.

Steve

Strontium Dog

posted on 21/11/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
http://torrents.to/

Searches the best sites all with one search, or so I am told! Apparently you just put in the title you want and press search so must be very easy, if you do that sort of thing!

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/11/10 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure how "green" you are on the net, but just to balance what has been said... a number of media companies are now actively chasing ISP's to be given the IP addresses and then the name/address of people who are downloading stuff illegally.

The biggest culprit is torrents, as they are easy to trace/"prove" what your downloading.

Technically they do you for uploading not downloading, but as soon as you download a torrent it is shared onwards, and so you are in effect uploading, knowingly or not.

I wont use torrents any more, for fear of getting a stupid, "give us £300 for downloading some crappy album, or we will take you to court".

Call be paranoid, but it isn't worth the potential hassel - plus there are other ways...

[Edited on 21/11/10 by Dangle_kt]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
All I can say is, Good Luck if you want to risk as many viruses as you can shake a stick at! I don't trust any of those things I'm
afraid. And as already said, who is watching you too??

Paranoid? Maybe, but just because you are doesn't mean they are not after you.......

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Ben_Copeland

posted on 22/11/10 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
Not sure how "green" you are on the net, but just to balance what has been said... a number of media companies are now actively chasing ISP's to be given the IP addresses and then the name/address of people who are downloading stuff illegally.

The biggest culprit is torrents, as they are easy to trace/"prove" what your downloading.

Technically they do you for uploading not downloading, but as soon as you download a torrent it is shared onwards, and so you are in effect uploading, knowingly or not.

I wont use torrents any more, for fear of getting a stupid, "give us £300 for downloading some crappy album, or we will take you to court".

Call be paranoid, but it isn't worth the potential hassel - plus there are other ways...

[Edited on 21/11/10 by Dangle_kt]

Ah but they can't "prove" it was YOU who downloaded said torrent. Wireless networks are easy to hack and use without the average person knowing. Plus these solicitors that send out letters never take anyone to court because it's not worth it. Too many people pay without question.

ACS:Law are the main letter senders, whether people have downloaded/uploaded the album or not.

I had a letter from them, googles it, found a letter of denial, sent it off. Got one back offering less money, sent another similar denial, then just ignored as advised. Never heard anything back, as with everyone that sends of denial letters.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

eznfrank

posted on 22/11/10 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
1. Like it or not it's highly likely to be a criminal offence.
2. You are advertising you intent to partake in said activity on public forum
3. If it's a vey recent film the quality is likely to be absolute dog sh1t anyway.
4. The risk of exposure to viruses is very high.

Why would anyone bother?? I just don't get it??

cd.thomson

posted on 22/11/10 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
1. Like it or not it's highly likely to be a criminal offence.
2. You are advertising you intent to partake in said activity on public forum
3. If it's a vey recent film the quality is likely to be absolute dog sh1t anyway.
4. The risk of exposure to viruses is very high.

Why would anyone bother?? I just don't get it??

He didn't say he wanted copyrighted material.. there's a wealth of independent content available via torrent which is completely legal to download.

Quality of video/audio is accessible before you download anything.. avoid "CAM"s and "TS"s unless you absolutely must see the film in all its grainy glory. "SCREENERS" or "R5"s are of highly variable quality (often pre-postproduction) but the uploader will often give details in the info section. "DVDRIP" or "BDRIP" are your highest quality but slowest to release.. you can usually get hold of these a month or so before their UK release date.

Risk of exposure to viruses is actually fairly low compared to the old p2p networks. Torrents are heavily peer reviewed on sites like btjunkie, always download files with large numbers of seeders and always check the "good/bad torrent" ratings and the comments listed.

Personally, of course, I don't do anything illegal but playing devils advocate - cinema tickets and dvds are the best part of £10 each, theres an incentive!

Craig

40inches

posted on 22/11/10 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Try VCDQ for info and ratings on quality.
jossey

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Ensure If you use torrents you use the encrypted method of downloading (option in azureus etc )

Most uk ISP's have been asked for who is downloading illegal films n music. Resulting in over 800,000 letters being sent that's over 1% of the uk public but more scary over 5% of illegal downloaders.

Use torrent or news groups but only download encrypted torrents n stop the risk of a fine or court case.

Dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 22/11/10 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Illegal Downloading is Bad

It's Evolution Baby!

cd.thomson

posted on 22/11/10 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
encrypting torrents wont actually help avoid the letter, all it does is conceal torrent traffic from packet sniffers/your isp. Targets for the letters are largely identified by introducing "poison seeds/leechers" which host or try to download the file being tracked and then log your IP when they connect to your pc.

download peerblock and keep it updated, this acts to prevent your computer connecting to these dodgy hosts based on a fairly well maintained database of poison IPs

Craig

BenB

posted on 22/11/10 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
There are various sites like http://stagevu.com that stream tv programs.
As said people have been done for uploading but here you're just downloading....

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.