Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: which wireless alarm?
franky

posted on 4/12/10 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
which wireless alarm?

Has anyone got any recommendations for a wireless alarm system for the house/garage? I'd like it to have zone control so I can have the garage set as a zone and just arm that if need be?
serieslandy

posted on 4/12/10 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Its not wireless but you couldn't get much better for the money.

intruder alarm kit , galaxy g2-20 with prox rkp on eBay (end time 05-Dec-10 14:13:06 GMT)

It looks complicated at 1st glance but if you have 1/2 a brain and spend time looking at the manual it all makes sense.

ernie

posted on 4/12/10 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
visonic powermax + from adi- gardiners or internet,
2cv

posted on 4/12/10 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
My son has just bought a wireless system from B&Q along with several other households in his street. It seems to have all the features including dialling out to 4 telephone numbers in the event of a forced entry.

This one,
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10647514&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=30&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location =%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372188}&fh_search=intruder+alarm&fh_refview=search&ts=1291491813940&isSearch=false

Sorry cannot do the linky thing

[Edited on 4/12/10 by 2cv]

franky

posted on 4/12/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I use to design/fit security systems for the MOD however we never could use wireless due to the nature of the work, the galaxy type panels are very good though. At home though wireless would be best as I don't want to run wires everywhere and out to the garage as its separate from the house.

[Edited on 4/12/10 by franky]

geoff shep

posted on 4/12/10 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted one of these to my girlfriend's flat. We had to get a couple of additional sensors, they are all individually available. It was fairly easy to install, and is still going strong 5 years later. It is easy to set up various zones, and which zones you want to be in the entry zone. It can be armed/disarmed using a 'bleeper' or by the keypad.

Response

I see that Yale do something similar but with telephone connection capabilities:
Yale

[Edited on 4/12/10 by geoff shep]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.