Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: World Cup.....
coozer

posted on 5/12/10 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
World Cup.....

Anyone else upset cause we're not getting the world cup?

I'm not bothered at all by the football but thought we might have had some new railways put in.

Nevermind.....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

prawnabie

posted on 5/12/10 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
We can't afford the world cup.
daniel mason

posted on 5/12/10 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'm gutted about it. I would have loved to have gone to a few games and cheered our boys on. I am a massive football fan however so am annoyed at the way blatter and co handled the situation. I honestly think it was rigged and more than likely bought by the Russians. They have no stadiums capable of handling a world cup game so 14 new ones need building. 11 time zones which will destroy viewing figures.and the off the field problems are there for all to see. Racism is huge amongst the fans and many black/ asian players are subjected to awful abuse!
And then to give 2022 to qatar where alcahol is frowned upon. It's less than half the size of Wales, 50 degree heat and again 9 new stadiums need building and then taking down and shipping to Africa seems crazy to me
rant over!!!

coozer

posted on 5/12/10 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Damn right there Daniel.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

scootz

posted on 5/12/10 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I think FIFA is rotten to it's core and if I were an Englishman I'd be well p*ssed off about the decision making progress.

That said, I have no problem with Russia winning over England for no other reason than England has already hosted the tournament... Russia has not.

It's Evolution Baby!

bmseven

posted on 5/12/10 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
See the Chechen's are alledgedly already threatening to make it a blood bath

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

Simon

posted on 5/12/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I can't stand football and think the whole ethos about the game is bent - you only have to watch the average £100k/week chap trip over and start whinging like a girl, then argue with the ref to see that. Put rugby refs in charge and show them who Boss. Personally I couldn't give a monkey's about the world cup, but unfortunately quite a lot of people in this country do like it, so for them I may be slightly disappointed. We can't, after all, all like the same things.

What does get my goat is the fact the the decsion appears to have, in reality, been decided some time ago; Pukin, I'm guessing, is Russia version of Rob Mugabe and apparently Russia is a gangland State who it appears have bought the world cup. If FIFA wanted to give it to someone who hasn't held it, there are plenty of places it could go. Don't forget, it's only 20ish years since Russia supposedly joined the civilised world (in their own way).

As for the Chechen's and the Ukranians, well you can't blame them. If you had a neighbour who controlled your gas supply, charged whatever rate they liked when they liked and cut you off for the fun of it, you'd be tempted to let their tyres down now and again.

ATB

Simon

greggors84

posted on 5/12/10 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
I can see FIFA going for Russia and Qatar for the reason of spreading football round the world as they are countries that arnt football crazy like England, in the next 20 years it means there will be over 20 huge new stadia. Also I can see how they must have had dollar signs in their eyes (Abramovich's 'donation' aside!). Bringing football to places like oil rich Qatar must be a big benefit for FIFA.

As for us not being able to afford the World Cup, South Africa made 2.2 Billion out of it this year. Would have helped our economy a little!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.