Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dealings with other locosters
marcjagman

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Dealings with other locosters

I have had dealings with many locosters this year with buying parts and would like to thank you all, unfortunately there is is always one bad apple, jambojeef. Bought a turbo kit of him, it did arrive quite quickly, however the welding on the alloy was quite shoddy and in some places had epoxy resin. Was told I could return it to have the epoxy resin removed and welded for free, so why wasn't it done before I recieved it? Asked where to send it to and still haven't had a reply. The bearings in the turbo are shot, 3.5mm of movement is far too much. I said I could repair if he sent the bearings. When no bearings turned up I asked if there was a problem, the reply was that he had some 2nd hand ones on his bench waiting to be sent. £weeks later I asked for a refund as he was not very conversive or forth coming with bits or an address. That was nearly a month ago. To all others out there I would advise you NOT to deal with this man as he obviously can't be bothered. I am a care for a disabled person and recieve £54/week income I can't afford to lose the £145 it has cost me. Not looking for sympathy just trying to warn others to stay clear of him, to all others, once again thank you for the help you have given me this last 12 months.
Andy.

hicost

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm

Thats not good, I hope he sees reason and sorts it out with you asap.

James

"I cant do that without accidentally grabbing hold of the work of the divine potter"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
LBMEFM

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
It is always difficult to get involved with this type of dispute but if it's as stated come on jambojeef play fair and sort it out for the sake of the Locost good name.

Barry

Benzine

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
I am a care for a disabled person and recieve £54/week income I can't afford to lose the £145 it has cost me. Not looking for sympathy

well you have mine regardless, I'm a full time non-professional carer too (how £1.54 an hour is legal I've no idea...) One of the hardest jobs there is

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marcjagman

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
My wife has MS and unable to walk, dress, wash, shower etc, not a hard choice really to stay at home and look after her.
trextr7monkey

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a Bummer, I droped hima box of wiper bits off last year with enough bits to put together 3 sets of wipers, when he was selling some lights earlier this year I said I'd have them as I have a spare set of wide wings to go on the jeep and he very kindly said I could have them for free and should pick them up. As I haven't beenpast that way for a while I asked if he would post and I'd be happy to pay, he agreed then disappeared- I thought it strange.

Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

marcjagman

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Last contact on here was September.
norfolkluego

posted on 5/12/10 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
No posting for three months !!!
Daddylonglegs

posted on 5/12/10 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
That speaks volumes.....

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

greggors84

posted on 5/12/10 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I had a problem with a member too a while ago now. Bought a modified sump off him. Paid via paypal but it never arrived, sent him a message after a couple of weeks and he apologised for forgetting to send it, eventually he stopped replying to my messages, because it was outside ebay, paypal didnt want to know and the member (ketchup) hasnt been active here since March this year.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Andybarbet

posted on 5/12/10 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
I bought something off a locost member about 3 years ago, i paid with paypal straight away & never received the items (wheel nuts) i have the U2U's just to remind me not to deal with him again.

He admitted they hadnt been sent, said he would try and dig them out, guaranteed me an answer within 24 hours and to come to an acceptable conclusion etc but he then didnt reply & they never arrived. I didnt get sh1tty at all, its not my style, i never named & shamed, maybe i should have but i put it down to experience in the end.

It was only about £10 but believe me, £10 is a lot to me at the moment but so be it.

He is still very active almost everyday on the forum infact over 4000 posts to date so maybe hes incredibly forgetfull or maybe im not the 1st ??

I want to add that i have bought many other things from locosters, have given many things away for free to fellow locosters, have received a few things for free from locosters and can honestly say apart from the one bad deal mentioned above, it is a pleasure to be a member of this forum and i will continue to deal with people on here but would probably
name and shame if it happened to me again.

Cheers Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

designer

posted on 6/12/10 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
You should name them, that's what forums are for!
scootz

posted on 6/12/10 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Drop him a U2U with a link to this thread as a 'reminder' Andy! That may get a response!

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 6/12/10 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
same goes for boggle.....

still waiting for my header tank ordered in aug/sept. after about 2 months he said he posted it. nothing arrived. he said it was sent by royal mail, said he'd get another one sent out the next day (so why did the forst take 2 months, when the 2nd could be done in a day?

still nothing, and no reply to u2u or email
if anyone lives nearby to him...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

marcjagman

posted on 6/12/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Scootz, sent loads of U2U and emails but no response. A hard lesson learned I suppose but to those of us that are honest it's not pleasant.
mistergrumpy

posted on 6/12/10 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Disappointing. There always seems to be these kinds of threads and back biting threads at Winter time. I have lost count of the free and hugely discounted items I've had off here over the years and the advice, even in person that I've received. It's a real shame that these things happen. Possibly a reflection of the recession that people are not willing to overlook a pound or so here (and why should you) but also people are too preoccupied with other worries and stuff to sort out their stuff. A real shame and I hope it all comes around full circle to what it was when I was building.
tony-devon

posted on 6/12/10 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect that hes just a pathetic dreamer type

search the username and hes registered on bike forums, rover forums, jaguar forums, caterham etc etc etc

they all 1 post wonders,

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

Irony

posted on 6/12/10 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
I must say that I am terrible at doing things like that. I am quite capable at most things on the computer and I can do vinyl graphics etc and people constantly chase me for stuff they have asked for. I am just busy all the time with my work. I have no excuses but I am just busy. This is why I rarely charge anything for stuff to locosters. Unless it's cost me a reasonable amount of money I just say no charge, or just postage. I know I can't be trusted.

marcjagman

posted on 6/12/10 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
At least you know your weakness Irony and have the guts to admit it and don't rip people of.
scootz

posted on 6/12/10 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Scootz, sent loads of U2U and emails but no response. A hard lesson learned I suppose but to those of us that are honest it's not pleasant.

Very disappointing!

It's Evolution Baby!

JoelP

posted on 6/12/10 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
i usually say pay after its arrived when i sell something, then if i forget it isnt so bad! It does happen, but ignoring u2us isnt on.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.