Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Totaljobs.com SCAM
RazMan

posted on 14/12/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Totaljobs.com SCAM

I got an email which looked quite legit at first glance......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --
Dear Mr Bloggs (name removed)

My name is Bettina Wellen and I represent Systems Solutions Company.
This letter confirms that the CV that you submitted to totaljobs.com has been duly processed by our HR department, and your skills meet our basic requirements for the Payment Processing vacancy.
Systems Solutions LTD. is a world-renowned company founded and based in the UK, which deals with IT services, matching the needs of the market with the best employees available worldwide.
Payment Processing Agent position is:
- Part-time (on average 2-3 hours a day (Monday through Friday)).
- Work at home (all communication is online).
What do you need? Internet access and e-mail.
This position is offered on a probationary period basis for a period of one month. You will receive training and online support while working and being paid.
Salary for the training period is GBP 1,500/month. In addition you will be receiving 8% commission from every payment which you receive from a customer and successfully process. Total income, given the current volume of clients, will be up to GBP 2,500 per month.
After the first 30 days the base salary will be increased up to GBP 1,800 per month plus 8% commission, so there is significant earning potential if you are willing to work with diligence and efficiency.
You may ask for additional hours after your probationary period, when you have earned a full-time position.
If you are interested in our offer and would like to learn more about the Payment Processing Agent position, please let me know by sending an e-mail for more information.
NOTE: This is not a sales position.
Our representative will contact you within 24 hours.
Best regards,
Bettina Wellen
Systems Solutions LTD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----

I normally spot scams a mile off but this one got me going as I had sent my CV to TotalJobs.com and thought it was a bone fide job. I even replied to it and got another email asking to click various links to take a psychometric test and see if I was suitable as a candidate. A little research reveals that this is indeed a scam that has been doing the rounds so be careful out there.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
D Beddows

posted on 14/12/10 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say, the first line of that screams scam and it doesn't get any better further in! I get LOADS of these - all scamtastic!

MikeR

posted on 14/12/10 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest the bit that makes it scream 'dodgy' to me is the amount of money you can earn for 10 to 15 hours work a week, sat at home on the internet. Its either a scam or illegal.

Although i'd have been curious what it entailed & how they were going to scam me.

RazMan

posted on 14/12/10 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
That's the bit I can't understand with these scams - do they honestly think people will just give them their bank details without knowing who they are?? Come to think of it, how can they scam you in this way? Is it that Western Union money transfer thing again?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
greggors84

posted on 14/12/10 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
I think its one of those pyramid selling type 'scams', the ones that advertise you can earn thousands each week.

I think the way it works if you have you buy the 'information pack' from them which then tells you how to make thousands for a few hours work a week. All you will be doing is trying sell the 'information pack' to other people. Its a never ending circle with a non existing product. Of course you could make some money but no where near what they are telling you and only then if you are really good/lucky.

Not sure how they can offer a salary in the email you got, would be interesting if they do try and sell you something or if they are trying to scam you another way.

Thinking about it, they probably just try to get people to send them their bank details and address so they can pay them their 'salary' unless for some reason their uncle in Nigeria is the accountant and he will send you the money each month.

[Edited on 14/12/2010 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Stott

posted on 14/12/10 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
I would have stopped reading it and deleted it at "My name is Bettina Wellen "
James

posted on 15/12/10 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stott
I would have stopped reading it and deleted it at "My name is Bettina Wellen "

And if that wasn't enough:

"I represent Systems Solutions Company"

I mean! Come on!

Oh, the 2nd line has an "and" after a comma which is bad grammar too (a mistake no-one would make on here! ;-) ) so it's obviously a scam!!!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

RazMan

posted on 15/12/10 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Ok ok, I'll put my hands up - they nearly got me that time .......... nearly

Cheers,
Raz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.