Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tumble dryer wiring
TPG

posted on 21/12/10 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Tumble dryer wiring

I am trying to find diagrams for a Whirlpool awz 3519 tumble dryer.Reason being to bypass the "Clean Filter" switch.If it drops below 5 degrees it becomes very sensitive and trouble some.At the minute I have the 'dryer wrapped in a blanket with the outside discharge hose off so it doesn't get to cold...ahhhh,bless.
I am assuming its going to be either a humiditiy or pressure diff' based switch/sensor.
Thanks in advance.

..Which was nice..

greglogan

posted on 21/12/10 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
A Tumble Drier wrapped in a blanket?????????????????????????????????????????

Can anyone say "fire hazard"?

Seriously tho, thats very dangerous. You need to find another way to make that work. The amount of tumble driers that go on fire would frighten you - I know it shocked me. As to bypassing the sensor, I'd guess it's a binary state (i.e. on or off) so it should be a case of finding the sensor, and either disconnecting it and terminate the wires safely (but not connected to each other) or directly connecting the wires together (shorting out the sensor). either way, just make sure your connections are well insulated and protected from the moving drum and the heating element.

Hope this helps (sorry about being a worry wort!)

Greg.

Women are meant to be loved, not understood.

graememk

posted on 21/12/10 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
tumble dryers and washing machines cause many house fires and shouldnt be used unattended.....
should never be left on over night.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.