Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Couple of fuel rail questions
L5W

posted on 21/12/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Couple of fuel rail questions

Hi,

I’m considering how best to connect up the fuel lines to the fuel rail on my gsxr600 throttle bodies. The rail that came with the TB’s has an inlet between two of the injectors but no outlet. Am I right in saying I can use this rail in standard form if a T piece is connected into the fuel line to join up the return?

Alternatively, I’ve done a bit of searching and reading on here first and have seen posts discussing modifying the rail so that fuel flows in one end and out the other. Is this method better than using a T piece in the fuel lines? Based on the layout pics I made below, is my understanding of either fuel circuit correct?

Is it possible to modify the standard gsxr600 rail to insert an inlet and outlet nozzle at the ends in order to connect the hoses? It looks like the ends are plugged and I was thinking these could be drilled out to leave a hole which can be tapped to accept a hose connector. Has anyone else done this?

Cheers,

Lee

http://l5w-mk-indy-zetec.blogspot.com/

big-vee-twin

posted on 21/12/10 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a billet alluminium fuel rail for sale to suit a Zetec engine if you need one, as I decided to fit a Duratec instead.

Drilled to accept Bosch injectors and open ended at each end with hose connections all ready to go. Never been fitted.

Let me know if your interested

Kev

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

scudderfish

posted on 21/12/10 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Second option is better. If your stuck in traffic on a hot day, with the first option, the fuel can start to vapourise in the rail and you'll get bubbles. The second option will ensure you always have a bubble free, cool as possible fuel supply to the injectors.

will121

posted on 21/12/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
i ended up using two of the orignal GSXR fuel rail Tee's fitted inbetween inlets 1-2 and 3-4 to make a flow and return connection and seems to work ok, one in picture below is modified to suit respacing for zetec

cant see them to easy but they there somewhere

nz_climber

posted on 22/12/10 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
I would keep to how the manufacture built it, and use a matching fuel pump as they have the pressure regulator and filters built in, making the fuel system much more simple.

Tank -> Pump -> Fuel line -> Engine

The blind fuel rail is now used in alot of cars and is actually used to reduced evapourative emissions because there is less fuel moving in the system, and only small amount of fuel makes it out of the tank.. Toyota and other big companies wouldn't build a system like this if it caused problems in traffic..

http://aarons7.wordpress.com

matt_gsxr

posted on 28/12/10 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
mine is the same as above, i.e. in tank pump -> fuel line -> rail
this is how suzuki do it, and it was the simplest. Suzuki pump has regulator and filter bulit in.

The only issue could be with the pump failing to pick up fuel in the tank, but a small sump in the tank helps with that.

Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.