Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: flashing red light on oz ps3
daryl

posted on 24/12/10 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
flashing red light on oz ps3

hi a have just been playing gt5 and my ps3 andiv just shut down its self and the red light was flashing so turned ps3 off by the wall and switched ps3 back on well tryed just keeps beeping any ideas plz
dlatch

posted on 24/12/10 at 01:02 AM Reply With Quote
did it freeze then reboot?

or just turn off ?

if the latter may have over heated, let it cool and try again, if the light goes yellow/orange its had it
check the warranty sony are pretty good at fixing them.

if no blue light and just green then the blueray laser has gone and it won't read disc (had two do this currently on my 3rd PS3) which has been fine

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daryl

posted on 24/12/10 at 01:19 AM Reply With Quote
yer the screen just went blank think there was a orange \ yellow light on thanks dam thing thanks for the help
Ben_Copeland

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Yep it's either overheated or died. If the latter they will replace it or repair it. But you won't get your disc out if it's died.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

alexg1965

posted on 24/12/10 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
If it has died and it's out of warranty, there's a great set of YouTube videos that show you how to fix it yourself. Just search for YLOD - yellow light of death! Gilksy1 seems to know what he's doing.

[Edited on 24/12/10 by alexg1965]

omega0684

posted on 24/12/10 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
i have 2 ps3's at the moment with the same problem, the main reason it does this is becuase the main board gets too hot and the solder to the chips of the main processor fatigues and cracks due to the heat cycles the ps3 goes through.

there is a couple of ways to fix it but the main that i have seen is to strip the ps3 down to the main board and the re-flow the chips with a heat gum and cleaning and re-applying thermal paste.

i think sony charge about £150 to have this done if the ps3 is out of warranty

Hope this helps.

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daryl

posted on 24/12/10 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the help lads and as some had said about my spelling sorry a have never been any good at spelling but thanks and all the best for the new year

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.