Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Air filter advice.
Yorkie

posted on 17/1/11 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Air filter advice.

I would like to fit a dome or box filter probably from the Pipercross PX500 or PX600 range but need to understand how to do it and what filter to buy.

The carbs have the original back plate fitted, do I remove this or bolt directly to it?
Can I remove or replace the trumpets? They are rubber and sit 80mm above the plate which means I would need the deepest filter. (100mm internal height)

Cheers.

big-vee-twin

posted on 17/1/11 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mate,

I am planning to use ITG filters simial to Piper, they do an aluminium blank backplate that you cut/drill to suit your layout then the filter bolts on to it.

You also need to keep the trumpets as these will effect the HP as they smooth out air flow, you could replace them with some billet one's if you fancied it.

Bikes tend to have two short ones and two long ones to even out the HP as one type gives low down hp and the others give top end HP cant remember which does which.

Think on a car you can equalise them, there is a formula to work out the length, think it aproximates to 200mm from the valve seat to the entrance of the trumpet

Hope that helps a bit, someone with more knowledge will be along I'm sure.

Hopeyoue keeping good

Kev

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.