Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: speed sensor
shorts

posted on 17/1/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
speed sensor

hi all
i'm building an mk with a 2008 yamaha r1 motor. how do i set up a speed sensor. i have a stock yamaha one.

regards

dave

LBMEFM

posted on 17/1/11 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
On my MK I secured magnets to the prop shaft at the front end with glue, cable ties and then covered them with gaffer tape. Made up a bracket with a hall effect sensor (ABS Sensor from a scrap Astra) attached. Fed the signal through a Speedo Healer to the Fireblade clocks I used and it worked perfectly for SVA and has worked fine ever since. However, that said you will get all sorts of set up's suggested now but mine was very cheap and reliable. Barry
shorts

posted on 19/1/11 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
speed sensor

thanks for that, how many magnets did you use and were they like the one from fridge magnets.

regards

Dave

LBMEFM

posted on 21/1/11 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the late reply Dave, you need really powerful neodymium bar magnets, I used six magnets approx 35mm x 20mm equally spaced. Sites like magnets4us sale these. The sensor should be set at about about 5mm from the magnets. If you need more help let me known.
Barry

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.