Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Any accountants on here want some business
yorkshire-engines

posted on 18/1/11 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Any accountants on here want some business

Help my accountant has vanished of the face of the earth and left me in the poo and i need a good reliable person who can sort out Mr taxman etc for me im a limited co vat reg and using sage (or wife is and she,s good at it)
Any help appreciated
Cheers Malc

Neville Jones

posted on 18/1/11 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
If your turnover is less than £2m/year, you don't need to have your accounts done by a bona fide accountant, with the added associated huge costs.

You can do them yourself, or get someone who's half decent with book keeping and accounts to do them. They don't even need to be audited by someone qualified.

An accountant may tell you otherwise,( and probably will!) but that's just to protect the racket they've all got going. Ask the tax office. Heck, it's even mentioned in their literature somewhere.

My Mrs has done mine for the last 23 years.

Cheers,
Nev.

yorkshire-engines

posted on 18/1/11 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Nev ill look into that
Guinness

posted on 18/1/11 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Mal

I've recommended someone by u2u.

Mike

geoffxt

posted on 18/1/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Neville is right! However, a good accountant should be up to speed on tax mitigation which could more than pay for their costs. Try my son on 07939 585315 and look at his web site www.wsaccountants.com. Unashamed advertising by a father!
Geoff.s. (geoffxt)

Neville Jones

posted on 19/1/11 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
All the tax dodges are available online, if you only take the time to look. They change year to year as well.

That accountants know all the tax dodge stuff is a bit of a falacy as well. They get a book from the professional registering body every year, with this info in. You can get the same book, if you pay for it. Look on amazon, and you'll find plenty of tax advice books.

As long as you don't take the P on claims, then you can get away with quite a lot. I never have been audited, when people all around me do so every couple of years.

Definitely no need for £120/hr accountants, who take a day to do an hours work!

Cheers,
Nev.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.