Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How to finish edges GRP seats.
Sebastian

posted on 19/1/11 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
How to finish edges GRP seats.

I have the GRP seats like the ones from MK, but i was wondering how you guys finish the edges of the harness holes i have the standard rubber u trim but the radius of the corners are to small so it bulges in the corners and i don't want to make the holes bigger.

Anyone got any ideas or pictures of finished seats.

Thanks.

martyn1137

posted on 19/1/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
My MK has similar seats and has no protection for the belts, it has been around for a while and this doesn't appear to have caused any chafing. It is though an area I had in mind to upgrade and can see the problem.

I saw a photo somewhere recently, maybe on here, with the front edge of this style seat trimed as you describe. I wondered if this was an IVA requirement.

jacko

posted on 19/1/11 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I used split cable convoluted pipe

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigpig

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
I used proper edge trim. Auto Trim in Leicester (have a look on ebay) supply the stuff, you can also order if from ebay. I think I used about 3.5 meters per seat (off top of my head).
Triton

posted on 20/1/11 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Triton seats have moulded edges to the slots and all face backwards rather than a rough cut hole with some iffy looking edge trim on it to protect the belts...it's the small things that make the difference

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.