Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: out with the old.... help finding a new bike!
franky

posted on 19/1/11 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
out with the old.... help finding a new bike!

I've had to sell my Morini Corsaro Veloce as its not getting used, and I need to free up some of the cash sat in it.

So now i'm looking for a £3k bike. Previous fav's of mine have been a 954cc fireblade, a few honda sp1's and a few zx7rr's. Due to the huge amount of grunt i've got use to i'm not keen on a 600cc bike. I'm after something that's reliable and interesting. I've thought about a few odd ball bikes including a 749s and a rvf400(mainly track use) however these will need me with loads of missing grunt but i've never had a 750 V-twin or a 400cc V4 before.

I can't think of what to get, i'm keen to buy before March. Any help or has anyone got a sp1/954 blade tucked away

bigrich

posted on 19/1/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
6 mates currently all have aprilia tuono's and none of them would swap them for any current bike, all have been faultless, handle amazingly. a couple of the others have ducati 1098/1198 and 1 has had a fair bit of bother. theres also a zzr14 and me on my 1200 bandit.
V twin would be my choice, the 400 would be frustrating and slow if your used to big bikes.

I prefer naked sports bikes to race reps, what about a rsv aprilia or even a Triumph triple to split the difference with cylinders

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

franky

posted on 19/1/11 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I thought about a tuono however its just like what I had but less so, if that makes sense? I don't like the triumph's lack of build quality or looks either.

Fussy bugger eh?

Steve Hignett

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
There are plenty of bkes I would have for £3k, but that's me and not you...

How about one of the special edtion Ducati Monsters? There are a few spec ed's you can choose from and a couple of those have the full power engines in them.

Good thing is, you won't lose much money as they are the spec. Ed's and therefore, they've already lost their money IMO.

You could get one of the Carl Fogarty Ducati 1098S's Factory Bikes that are coming out next year - I can promis you one thing the bodywork on them is stunning (We are making it )

If I was putting £3k in a bike personally, I would by a track bike and book as many TD's as I could! I've lost a lot of the joy I used to have for riding fast on the road...

CraigJ

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I have a GSXR SRAD 600. nice bikes. A friend has a XJR1300 which is reallt nice to ride. I'm currently looking at swapping and going for a ZRX1200..

bigrich

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
nah not fussy, just has to be right.
If you can open the garage door, look at the bike, smile and put the door down happy then you know its the right one.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

franky

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
There are plenty of bkes I would have for £3k, but that's me and not you...

How about one of the special edtion Ducati Monsters? There are a few spec ed's you can choose from and a couple of those have the full power engines in them.

Good thing is, you won't lose much money as they are the spec. Ed's and therefore, they've already lost their money IMO.

You could get one of the Carl Fogarty Ducati 1098S's Factory Bikes that are coming out next year - I can promis you one thing the bodywork on them is stunning (We are making it )

If I was putting £3k in a bike personally, I would by a track bike and book as many TD's as I could! I've lost a lot of the joy I used to have for riding fast on the road...

Monsters are too slow(well the aircooled ones are)! A fogarty 1098????? I guess you mean 1198S as they don't make a 1098 any more. The last ducati he raced was a 996.

I had a xjr1300 before and hated it, fine in a straight line horrid everywhere else.

daniel mason

posted on 19/1/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
forget the bike and turbo the 7! lol

franky

posted on 19/1/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe supercharge

I do need a bike in my life, still nothing as quick

Steve Hignett

posted on 23/1/11 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
Monsters are too slow(well the aircooled ones are)! A fogarty 1098????? I guess you mean 1198S as they don't make a 1098 any more. The last ducati he raced was a 996.

I had a xjr1300 before and hated it, fine in a straight line horrid everywhere else.

I didn't mean the actual 1098 bike, I meant the Monster with the 1098 or 1198 engine in it... (Or even the 996 engine in it! Whichever one was the spec edition!!!)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.