Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Info on ETB Oil Pressure Sensor ?
Tris

posted on 26/1/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Info on ETB Oil Pressure Sensor ?

Hi All,

I am in the process of wiring up my Race Technology Dash, and one little area has me stumped.

I brought a combined oil preassure sensor and switch from ETB (makers of the digidash) ages go before i decided to go for the race technology dash.

Anyway ive come to wire it up and i can't seem to find any info on voltage to preassure values (ive got the 90 PSI unit, which i think is not a VDO item, but a ETB special - pic below)

Does anyone know if this sensor needs a pull down resistor ?, and the formula for pressure/voltage ?

Cheers
Tris

Paradoxia0

posted on 26/1/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
I am afraid I don't but give ETB a call. I have a couple of times in the past and they are really helpful!

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

lsdweb

posted on 26/1/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Tris

I used their sensors with my Racetechnology dash and logger - I gave them a ring and they provided me with all the info!

Let me know if you're struggling and I can try and dig out the info.

I do remember having to wire in a resistor - I had some help on here with that!

Regards

Wyn

lsdweb

posted on 26/1/11 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Pll up resistor wiring - courtesy of MikeRJ

Link

Tris

posted on 26/1/11 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hello both,

Yes, i gave ETB a call and while not exactly being un-helpfull, they were not overly helpful once they asked why i needed the info. I will ring them again though in the next couple of days to see if i get more success

Its the calibration info i need (ie x pressure = y resistance) so i can input this info into my DASH2. Wyn - if you have this info then i would be very grateful if you could dig it out for us.

Cheers
Tris

[Edited on 26/1/11 by Tris]

lsdweb

posted on 27/1/11 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I'll have a look although I'm not optimistic as all my setup stuff was on an old pc that's died. You could always try asking on the race technology forum.

Another option is to calibrate it yourself - connect the sensor onto a length of hose, T off this to take a pressure gauge and then pressurise this using an airline or foot pump (although you may struggle to reach the top end). Take resistance readings at every 10 psi , plot these on a piece of graph paper or in excel and work out your equation, or I think the Racetechnology software can do it for you. And, if you do this with all your wiring in place including your pull up resistor, you won't need to factor that into your equation. Sounds more difficult than it'll be!

Wyn

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.