Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TDCi Mondeo problem.
flange nut

posted on 12/2/11 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
TDCi Mondeo problem.

Hi all,

My 2004 Mondeo has been costing me an arm and a leg recently. First the duel mass flywheel had to be replaced and then the starter motor. Last weekend the glow plug light started to flash and it didn't have any power. Having had the OBD codes checked I'm told that the boost control valve on the turbo is faulty. It seems that the boost control valve cannot be bought seperately from the turbo!!!! So I just thought I would ask, has anyone got a turbo with wrecked bearings but a good BCV for a 2004 2 litre 115ps Mondeo?
Thanks.

Geoff

carlknight1982

posted on 12/2/11 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Careful with Ford ODB Diagnostics, I had the same proble and they told me it was the Throttle, then it was a bad earth under the battery tray then a dash ECU error then eventually it was a set of injectors and alls fine.

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

JeffHs

posted on 12/2/11 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
I would second that. My 03 TDCi 130 has been a PITA with fault codes. The guys who read the codes just laughed - they had never seen so many. So far I've had a TP sensor and a new inlet rail to replace the fuel pressure sensor because you can't buy it separately. It still occcasionally coughs and the light comes on and it switches to limp mode, but I just switch off and re-start. It just behaves like a Windows PC - reboot and it works fine until the next time
jonesier1

posted on 12/2/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
correct you cant get seperate parts for the turbo, the vains normally stick in the turbo causing an overboost problem...ign off and restart and its ok till next time.just because the fault code describes an problem its not always the cause,we see a lot of tdci mondeos with injector,pump,fuel filter,inlet metering control valves,fuel rail pressure problems,turbo pipes split and egr
the normal procedure for running concerns is fuel filter first drain the old one in a jam jar and see what comes out,next is a leak off test on the injectors,one cranking with the imv disconnected then one with engine running,major diffrence or excessive leak off and your into injectors
turbo overboost problems are looked at with a mite vac on the actuator to check smooth operation of the rod and watching live data on stage 4 cars(big black box on the turbo).
need a the fault code to help further.

im in my own little world...its ok though they know me there

JAMSTER

posted on 12/2/11 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
ntdwm but i found this any help

ford mondeo tdci mk3 electronic turbo actuator repair on eBay (end time 12-Feb-11 18:46:19 GMT)

adithorp

posted on 12/2/11 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Done a few of these and this has worked on all but one (since I saw someone else doing it); Warm the engine up, then repeatedly blip the throttle between 3000 rpm and the govenor (you should get lots of poo out the back). If it goes into limp home and won't rev, switch off and start again. Once it stops throwing out smoke, open up the air filter and spray a can of Wynns EGR cleaner in while holding the revs up. It's brutal but does work...usually!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

flange nut

posted on 13/2/11 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. Adithorp, does that fix work for the electronic boost controller or the vacuum type?

Geoff

adithorp

posted on 18/2/11 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry didn't come back to the thread untill today. Works on the electronic controller. It seeme the fault is often not in the controller but the actuator getting stuck up with crap. The only one this didn't work on turned out to be a faulty boost presure sensor. Still reading in range but not altering with presure so didn't trip a MIL code. It's in the pipe to the inter-cooler (o/s, low down, behind the rad).

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.