Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Soft Tires vs. fatter tires
Nitrogeno25

posted on 17/2/11 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Soft Tires vs. fatter tires

I'm now running R888 in 14" 185/60 which is the only size available where I live. I'm veyy satisfied with the performance but as I'm doing lots of road miles I need to get something that last longer.

How can I compare (in terms of grip) a set of Bridgestones potenza in 205/55 or R888 in 185/60?

Thank you very much!

designer

posted on 17/2/11 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Where do you live??
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nitrogeno25

posted on 17/2/11 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
Where do you live??

Uruguay, South America And 185/60 14" is the only size I can get in R888!

contaminated

posted on 17/2/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrogeno25

How can I compare (in terms of grip) a set of Bridgestones potenza in 205/55 or R888 in 185/60?

Based on my experience it depends whether you want to go round the bend or straight into a ditch! R888s will provide way superior grip. I have a set of Bridgestones potenza in 205/55 sat in my shed - where thay have been for a while. On a heavier car they are good. On the Tiger they were hopeless unless you could get them really hot.

HTH

Dan

nz_climber

posted on 18/2/11 at 04:41 AM Reply With Quote
First you need to specify which Potenza's you want to run.. as they range from the Re55s which will be the same if not softer than a toyo R888, right the way through RE11, RE001, RE040 etc etc..

Saying Potenza's will head you straight into a ditch is very untrue. The RE55S is probably quicker and more grip than a R888 but twice the price.. Bridgestone have more variation in the Potenza range than some tyre companies have in total.

http://aarons7.wordpress.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.