Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nosecone ID?
g60_edge

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Nosecone ID?

I've got a nosecone that came with my chassis and a load of bits. Offering it up it doesn't seem to fit, would you agree as I haven't been able to comapre to another car.

What nosecone? resized
What nosecone? resized

Any idea what the nosecone would be from?

Thanks

Alex

[Edited on 21/2/11 by g60_edge]

Ben_Copeland

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Looks similar to a caterham copy. Little bit difficult to tell from that pix

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

g60_edge

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the response

Do these photos help?

Day 1!
Day 1!

Feb 11
Feb 11

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Its a caterham copy.... the cone you want is the mk cone it will fit..

Peteff

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
I cut a Caterham nose and grafted 4" in to make it fit my chassis.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

g60_edge

posted on 21/2/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
great, cheers all.

Think I'll sell it on and buy one to fit.

Alex

paulf

posted on 21/2/11 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Its a caterham copy, I bought one for my car and at first thought that it would not fit but did eventually make it fit neatly.The side panels need to be extended to fill the gap between the nose cone and front of the chassis, they are quite low from top of the chassis to the bonnet line but if your engine will fit below the bonnet then it looks nicer than a tall nose cone .
Paul

g60_edge

posted on 21/2/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
The bonnet line from the scuttle to the nosecone looks like the problem to me. I've got a bit of RHS showing this on the photos, you can see it's not tangential. So the nosecone would need to be angled forward. This then leaves and gap between the top chassis rail and the nosecone, which is curved. I can't see this ever looking good by filling with side panel.

Are the proper ones that much taller? I was looking to get an Allied Motorsport one advertised on here.

paulf

posted on 21/2/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Yes that was the concern I had with mine I was going to take it back but there were not many choices available when I built my car. I moved it forwards a small amount and added a piece of metal to the front of the top chassis rail and radiused it to fit in the corner and then raised the rear edge slightly to allow the headlamp mounting bar to fit through the larger cut out at the rear.It did leave a small gap above the chassis due to the curve on the underside of the nose cone and I did consider filling it in but never have got around to it and it does not really show.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by g60_edge
The bonnet line from the scuttle to the nosecone looks like the problem to me. I've got a bit of RHS showing this on the photos, you can see it's not tangential. So the nosecone would need to be angled forward. This then leaves and gap between the top chassis rail and the nosecone, which is curved. I can't see this ever looking good by filling with side panel.

Are the proper ones that much taller? I was looking to get an Allied Motorsport one advertised on here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.