Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Panel Beating
cadebytiger

posted on 28/2/11 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Panel Beating

Evening all

My Dad is keen to try some panel beating on his old Ford Pop which has been a hotrod project for lets say a little while. He has a birthday coming up and I was thinking about getting him a set.

Are these worth the money? Or would he be better off with something a bit less PRO..

Link

Thanks again all

Rupert

imp paul

posted on 28/2/11 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
i think he would love them mate very nice bit of kit or you could get blue point set but the price mite be a little ugly lol
Chippy

posted on 28/2/11 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Exact set I have, good quality, and more than useful. Tip! keep the dollies well oiled, I found that they rust just looking at them, my workshop is a bit on the damp side, :-) HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

steve m

posted on 1/3/11 at 02:32 AM Reply With Quote
i bought this set, and fo the money were excellent for "hobby" use on present cat c writeoff

7PC CAR BODY AUTO REPAIR FENDER PANEL BEATING TOOL KIT on eBay (end time 01-Mar-11 16:30:34 GMT)

2cv

posted on 1/3/11 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Sykes Pickavant tools are among the best you can get and would be a really nice present; durable and very long lasting.

David Gardiner has produced an excellent DVD on panel beating and vehicle restoration. In it, he uses only hand tools to produce some amazing results.

linky

mad-butcher

posted on 1/3/11 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
I bought one of the cheapo ebay sets years ago at one of the shows, cheap and cheerfull but do the job, then just upgraded the hammers to the ones to the ones I used most
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.