Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA forms - headache
locostbuyer83

posted on 8/3/11 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
IVA forms - headache

Hi Guys,

My desk is covered in paperwork and I have about 100 tabs open on my browser but I still have a load of questions. here goes...

1) I have a ZX12 bike engine and as you may know on a bike you have to turn the key, and then flick a switch before pressing the start button. Could I wire the red switch to a remote Immobiliser so then I have two forms of security? Can you buy a remote Immobiliser that could do that?

2) VIN - Do i need to apply to the DVLA to have a VIN approved or shall I just make one up?

3) Max road speed - Does it have to be true? shall I just guess?

4) Weights? My bathroom scales are not gonna help so can they be roughly correct?

5) Fuel tank documentation - ? its from MK but I have no paperwork?

6) Evidence of donor engine age - I bought it from another member but I don't have the bike docs?

Please have a quick go at answering a question if you can.

Many Thanks
Stuart

adithorp

posted on 8/3/11 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
1. Yes get an aftermarket immobiliser and wire it in.

2. Yes... and No. It depends on the interpretation of your local DVLA. Fisher supplied me with the VIN for my Fury.

3. Don't take the wee and put 100. They have a good idea how fast it'll be. It's only used to check tyre speed rating is higher than design speed. 130-140?

4. Weights are Max design weight NOT actual weight. Ax1 500kg, Ax2 500kg, Ax 3 (trailer?) 0kg Totlal 1000kg. At the test the weigh the car fully fueled, add a fixed amout for passengers and luggage and your design weight has to be more than that. Its's not used for brake test; The actual weight plus fixed amount is used for that.

5. Plastic or ally? Plastic and MK should supply. Ally (or steel) doesn't need documentation.

6. Is it pre Aug95? If not you don't need it and it'll just be tested to the latest emmision regs'.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

jrrsparky

posted on 8/3/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
2) MK do a manufacturers plate with VIN No on (MKINDY*******) for about £5

4) weights for the INDY 450 / 450 / 900 design weights from MK

locostbuyer83

posted on 8/3/11 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
1) - how about this?
12V remote control switch, 2 keyfobs, 6A max. POPULAR! on eBay (end time 10-Mar-11 01:06:10 GMT)

[Edited on 8/3/11 by locostbuyer83]

adithorp

posted on 8/3/11 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not 100% on this but... I think it has to set itself automatically when you switch off. Thats safer anyway.

I used one of these
You have the transponder on the key ring and an induction loop behind the dash by the key/lock. Switch on and it disarms as long as the transponder is near the loop. Switch off and remove the key/transponder and it arms. Cuts either 1 or 2 circuits. About £30 if you shop around.

Been reliable for 3 years now.

[Edited on 8/3/11 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

locostbuyer83

posted on 18/3/11 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Just been to my local DVLA office in Brighton, they have given me a VIN number for me to use.

Got everything I need now to apply for the IVA

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.