Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For Sale:- Volkswagen Golf V6 4Motion (on eBay)
Steve Hignett

posted on 9/3/11 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
For Sale:- Volkswagen Golf V6 4Motion (on eBay)

Here for sale is my Volkswagen Golf 2.8 V6 4Motion

This car was originally a VW Demonstration car, and because of this it was fitted with all conceivable extras that were available at the time of manufacture!
As the highest model of Golf at the time of manufacture, this Golf 4Motion has a fantastic specification list, and contains all the best features found in the lower specification Golfs but with even more added...
Good Points:-
• Unmarked 16” VW Montreal Alloys
• 4x Brand New Goodyear Tyres (replaced just 3 weeks ago! )
• Great condition Metallic Moolight silver exterior, just the couple of blemishes mentioned below... (It has a slight bluey Pearlescent tinge to the silver, looks stunning!)
• 6 Speed Gearbox (very good on fuel despite having 210bhp!) and excellent for cruising.
• V6 4Motion Rear Spoiler
• V6 4Motion Window Tints
• ESP (AND!!) EPC Traction Control
• Winter Pack: (Optional extra)
i. Genuine (often aftermarket added) Xenon Headlights
ii. Wash/Wipe headlights
iii. Auto Electronic Dimming Rear View Mirror
iv. Rain Sensing Automatic Wipers
• VW Climate Control (still nice and very cool)
• Electronic Sunroof (quite rare with an aircon car!)
• Full Black Recaro Leather interior (These seats are the rare top of the range, Recaro black leather, with the extra support at the side and the head rest that “sinks” into the seat. Also with the Recaro logo embossed)
• Heated Seats for both Driver and Passenger (Optional extra)
• Lumbar supports for Driver and Passenger
• Height Adjustable Drivers Seat
• Black Leather matching Armrest
• Height Adjustable Steering Column (Rake Adjustment)
• PAS (Power Assisted Steering)
• ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System)
• Folding Rear Seats – makes the car really practical for larger loads
• Heated/Electric Mirrors
• All Four Electric Windows – controllable from the driver’s door
• Cruise Control (VW Optional extra) Absolutely fantastic on longer journeys!
• Central Locking (Key Fob activated)
• VW Alarm and Immobiliser
• Driver and Passenger Airbag
• VW Special Edition upgraded Stereo with genuine VW Nokia Amplifier (also hidden in boot side compartment)
• Dashboard Computer (VW Standard Equipment) which displays:-
Average MPH
Average MPG
Current MPG
Time Elapsed
• Dash Mounted Drinks Holder (getting rare on cars again these PC days!)
• Isofix Child Seat Anchor Points in rear seats (modern child seats just “click” in!)
Upgrades
• Milltek Resonated Exhaust (Aftermarket Upgrade – Commonly known as the best exhaust for this car. It gives it a very nice burble, but it is not loud at all!)
• Lowered 40mm (Aftermarket Upgrade – Drops the car a small amount so there’s no sacrifice in ride comfort, and it’s certainly not low enough to catch any type of speed bumps etc) Original springs also come with the car. But handles a bit better as it is now, and looks a lot better!
• Brink Removable Tow Bar (Aftermarket Upgrade – I’ve used it once for a small trailer to the tip after Xmas and the guy before me never used it at all, his friend removed it from his Golf, so the prev. owner fitted it to this car. A great addition edition and it tows effortlessly!)
Points to be aware of...
Small dent on front passenger side front wheel arch.
Small rust bubble on driver’s side rear wheel arch (not broken through!).
Small stone chip on bonnet.

Less than the average number of miles per year by quite a bit, and when you couple that to the extensive VW and Independent Garage servicing on this car it is blatantly obvious why it drives so well in general!

The interior is in a fabulous condition in every way. The car has just been valeted and it will have another valet (Inside and Out!) at the end of the auction for the new owner.
There are no marks on any of the seats, no cigarette burns etc. In fact no signs that it’s ever been smoked in, and it definitely has not been smoked in for at least the last two years.
It is fitted with Genuine VW fitted carpet Over-Mats that protect the carpets and do not move underfoot.
We have a baby seat in the back, but it has always sat on top of a Fleece blanket folded over so as not to mark the leather. Yes, I know it might seem like it’s going to the extreme, but I like to keep my cars in as good condition as possible. The fitted boot carpet is in good condition and I’ve also added a thick, clear plastic liner to keep it in tip-top condition!
It is quite a spacious car considering it is classed as a medium sized family car. I searched for quite some time before I found a car that was in as good condition as this. I also made sure that I went for a year 2000 car so that the road Tax was cheaper than cars registered after year 2000. It was also a necessity of mine that it have 5 doors, and I honestly think that they look just as good as 3 door ones!
This is a very slightly and tastefully modified top of the range Golf V6 4Motion. It has been very well looked after and it is H.P.I. Clear.
Even though it had a few months of MOT left to run, I put it through a Test (Which it passed with the only comments from the Inspector were how mechanically sound it is, and obviously No Advisories!) so it has a full 12 months for the new owners.
The recent trend of Golf TV adverts, where other cars try and compare themselves to the build quality and driveability of the Golf is a genuinely enjoyable comparison, and it really is a class above its rivals, and this one is no exception!

I know this phrase is often used on here, but this genuinely is the best car I have ever owned and it will be sadly missed. The reason for me needing to sell is due to being husband/father of a growing family and that is the only reason!!!
I bought this car as it was a great all rounder, large enough to carry my family (as it was at the time!) in comfort, yet having all the performance of a fast hot hatch. Pretty good MPG on a run (just over 40mpg if you stick to <70 on a run, around 37mpg outside of town, but if you really really give it some down country lanes etc then it can be as low as 26mpg...). And when I went to Edinburgh for Christmas a couple of months ago it shone with the 4-Wheel Drive handling. We even visited a friend on his farm up in Scotland past the point where his Land Rover Freelander had got stuck! The grip in the wet is superb too!

This car is on here to be sold, and I welcome all questions if people aren’t sure about something or if I’ve missed stuff in my description or photos. Although it’s here to be sold, please don’t offer stupidly low offers, I don’t intend to give it away and it is up for Sale in a couple of other locations, both locally and Online, so I may need to withdraw the car from Sale here at any time...

Having said all that, Good Luck and Happy Bidding!!!
Steve

[Edited on 10/3/11 by Steve Hignett]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

pekwah1

posted on 9/3/11 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
all that writing and no price???
Gordy

posted on 10/3/11 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
mileage ?
UncleFista

posted on 10/3/11 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gordy
mileage ?

112871 according to the dash picture

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

welderman

posted on 10/3/11 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
It says happy bidding so ill start at £ 50.00

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

emsfactory

posted on 10/3/11 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
£55 But I need it posted to Latvia.
MikeR

posted on 10/3/11 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
£75, my first born and a currently barking dog.

(baby will be available some time after late May - note baby may be recalled once it sleeps through the night).

mads

posted on 10/3/11 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
£200

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

nick205

posted on 10/3/11 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
I'll give you £250 cash, my cheese & pickle sarnie and a 6 pack of your preferred beer.

I'm leaving now and if you could have the faux oak removed by the time I arrive that would be good.

[serious mode] cracking car and a very good example by the look of it. Have you advertised on the VW enthusiast sites? It's the perfect sort of history and spec for a real VW fan[/serious mode]

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/3/11 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
35 MPG from a V6 WOW you must drive like a rigt pussy.

nice car though BTW

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

omega0684

posted on 10/3/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
i've been waiting 5 minutes and my browser still hasn't loaded the pictures,

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
franky

posted on 10/3/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Whats the long term average on the computer, not the Cyrene one in the pic?
Steve Hignett

posted on 10/3/11 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Franky:- All I do is short trips to and from work down and round country lanes, and I've just had the battery off to fit a new thermostat and waterpump (with a metal impellor as they are a weak point) So the current average includes no trips over 8 miles which is a shame.
However, I think the average is around 27mpg...

Alex:- They workin yet matey?

Everyone bidding:- Yeah, thanks a lot... I'm afraid I just copied and pasted my ebay advert to this page, hence the last comment!

Gordy:- the mileage is currently 113381.

Pekwah:- Once again, it's an ebay advert and I'm starting the bidding at £0.99 so that's why I didn't put a price on here! Whoops!

Omega:- that 37mpg was driving about 13 miles to a nearby town at over 80mph! (private road officer) But I neither accelerated or decelerated for about 11 of those miles!!!
In normal use driving to and from work - home it's all country lanes and it's such a great car to drive that I always end up giving it beans and my mpg can get as low as 24/25mpg...

Thanks for all comments...
The car will be on ebay tonight from 7pm (ish) onwards for a 10 day auction to give people a chance to come and look at it.
It is on Pistonheads as of a few mins ago, here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2594023.htm

The list price is £3250 and I am (of course!) open to offers!!!

ATB
Steve

Steve Hignett

posted on 10/3/11 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to add the ubiquitous last photo..........

Steve Hignett

posted on 10/3/11 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
eBay auction has now started...

10 Day Auction...

2000 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF V6 4MOTION SILVER on eBay (end time 20-Mar-11 15:33:03 GMT)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.