Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust Gases - HELP!!!!!!!!
RJK350

posted on 24/3/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust Gases - HELP!!!!!!!!

I am getting my MK Indy ready for IVA. It's got a 2006 Aprillia RSV engine with a power commander. Will I have to get it mapped to achieve the correct exhaust gases for IVA. If so does any know anybody in the Bristol area (or further a field) who could sort it?

Thanks guys

Rob

bi22le

posted on 24/3/11 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Im sorry I have no answer for you but post some piccies of your car up. Originally I really wanted to do RSV powered BEC.

Good luck with the IVA

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Richard Quinn

posted on 24/3/11 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, you will and even then it won't be that straightforward. Make sure that it's possible for the gas analyser probe to go all the way in as far as possible to the tail pipe. You might even need to think about making up some form of shroud to blank off about half of the tail pipe opening. The v twins suck back a great gulp of air in between each exhaust pulse which has a tendency to throw the lambda out when everything else is spot on.
U2U me if you want any more info on this.
Cheers
Richard

[Edited on 25/3/11 by Richard Quinn]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.