Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fog Light
Daddylonglegs

posted on 30/3/11 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Fog Light

I was just sorting out the rear light last night, making up a couple of pods so the reversing light and fog light sit vertical on the rear panel. I realised that the one I was going to use for the fog must be a tail/brake unit, it has 'E11' on it, and I have an old fog in the garage which has 'E2' on it. Does this mean that I cannot use the round light with E11?

If so then bugger!

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

adithorp

posted on 30/3/11 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Fog lights are a narrower beam so if the tester is on the ball it'll fail. Somebody else had one fail that they'd got as a fog in a set (CBS supplied I think)

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Humbug

posted on 30/3/11 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK E + a number = "European standard" + code for a country e.g. E11 might mean it is made in UK, E4 in Spain (just random, not sure those countries actually are associated with their numbers.) AFAIK also, fog lights have to have an F on them to show that they are fog lights. All of this makes it easier but in theory you can get away with non E-marked lights (at least, you could for SVA) if you can somehow show they meet an "equivalent standard". Difficulty is proving that to IVA man's satisfaction, so it's usually easier just to get E-marked ones.
alexg1965

posted on 30/3/11 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I made the mistake of buying a conventional fog light from CBS before realising it was too deep for my car. I then had to buy an LED version which is slimmer. So it's surplus to requirements and is "F" marked. It's completely unused, cost £16.80 + postage but you can have it for £12 ( includes p&p). I don't have a connector though (they're £3.60 from CBS) but one's not essential.
Send me a U2U if you're interested.
Cheers Alex

P.s. Link

Daddylonglegs

posted on 31/3/11 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Alex, u2u sent.

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.