Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headlights & Dip
richardhuggins

posted on 11/7/04 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Headlights & Dip

Hope someone can help!
My MK has a vicki green wiring loom, but I can't get the dip & main beam to work, but it will flash, I've changed the colum switches over 3 times and have wired exactly to diagram (everything else is fine)

ady8077

posted on 11/7/04 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I assume Sierra switches? if so have you earthed the fixing bolt ? One of the mounting lugs has a brass ring on it

Adrian

JoelP

posted on 11/7/04 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
as adrian says, the 'flash' earths thru a different circuit to the perminant full beam. the perminant full beam's earth is switched by the light switch, so that on the right stalk you select sides and dips, and the left stalk only selects between dip and main when the lights are already on, but the full beam can be flashed at any time. have a look at the haynes diagram of the light switch, specifically the internals at the beginning of the appropriate section, and ignore the various dim/dip relays etc.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Peteff

posted on 11/7/04 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
It's usually the brown and black wire that joins the two switches together that causes problems. Anything with brown on it is an earth in Ford wiring terms.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.