Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Accord Type R salvage value??
Gordy

posted on 3/4/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Accord Type R salvage value??

Does anybody have an idea how much my Accord Type R would cost to buy back from my insurance company after it was written off (cat C) They have offered me £2430 but lose car to salvage company, the car is not badly damaged (rear light, rear bumper, rear quarter panel) car is in great condition and well worth fixing, the problem is my car is getting lifted tomorrow and i've not been given salvage value off my insurance company, so if its cheap i will keep a hold of it. I heard its about 10% of the market value of undamaged car ? Has anybody bought back their car? Thanks Gordy
McLannahan

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not all insurance companies will let you buy it back Gordy. I'd be giving them a bell first thing in the morning to clarify, if not get hiding the car!

tegwin

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Why hide the car!?? Until you decide if you want to settle the payout or not, you keep the car, they cant just "take it" although they have tried in the past..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Ninehigh

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ask them, if they don't give you an answer tell them that "I want to give you money so that you don't to give me money, or fork out for a guy to collect a car you can't sell"

And if they still don't get it ask for their call centre in India, that winds people up

Neville Jones

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
My son had a similar situation.

Until you have the money in your bank, the car is yours.

Insurance loss adjusters told a load of lies, made threats and all manner of intimidating statements, but in the end it paid off to hold out.

Cheers,
nev.

franky

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
are accord type R's that cheap now?
Gordy

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
are accord type R's that cheap now?
my car is an X reg with 119,000miles and feel offer was pretty fair on todays values, really a bit of a bargain for a quality sports saloon (brilliant engine revs to 8000rpm,lovely neutral handling,build quality+reliability) £3000 will get you a minter with 80,000miles

MikeRJ

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Rear quarter won't be cheap (or at least easy) to fix properly.

[Edited on 3/4/11 by MikeRJ]

Gordy

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
Rear quarter won't be cheap (or at least easy) to fix properly
quote:
Written off because i wanted rear quarter replaced but body shop manager reckons it can be repaired, tbh its not that bad only around rear light where its damaged, wasnt claiming my own insurance so asked for it to be repaired properly but would cost at least £2500

[Edited on 3/4/11 by Gordy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.