Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA Borehamwood
dinger205

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
DVLA Borehamwood

Hi Guys,

I passed my IVA on the the 30th of March and on my way back home I popped into the Borehamwood DVLA office to register my car, Walkined in to find losts of people wainting and took a ticket.
GREAT!!!!! there were 40 people infront of me and I hadnt brought any food to keep me going during the wait,, I'd been sitting there for ten minuts and a lady came upto me and asked what I was there to do,,,,,,, Register a kit car I said,, She took all the paperwork from me, went behind the counters and could see her talking to a colleague, smiling, nodding and so on,,, she came back and walked me over to the counter where i had jumped about 30 people who were waiting,,,

I was well chuffed and thought,,, "this is easy"

Not so!!!!!!!!!

the man took my money and said "Goodbye" EH???????? yes, Goodbye
So what happens next mate , I said,,,,, Idont know he replied,,, I just hand the paperwork to someone else,,,

I phone the dvla on thursday only to find out that the woman who deals with registrations is on "gardening leave" and may return late next week,,,,, That doesnt help me, I said to the the woman who's only reply was,, " she will look at your paperwork when she returns,,,,,,,,,,

So now it looks like I wont have my car on the road for Stoneliegh, especially if my car needs an inspection,,,

Is anyone else having issues with Borehamwood,,, or is it just a "fob off" to kill some time?

theconrodkid

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
i got the same attitude when i went there (friday afternoon).
i simply pointed out to them that they could do it while i waited and that they were being paid to do this sort of work,not chat and eat a huge box of cakes someone had brought in,i asked to see "someone in charge " and within mins the job was done !
lazy wan***s the lot of them

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

dinger205

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Thats interesting,,

Was it registration after IVA or a different request?

cheers

Dave

matt_gsxr

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
I say we should privatise the lot of them.

(now duck for cover)

whitestu

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
I managed OK at Borehamwood, in fact it all went very smoothly. I think it is just a matter of being patient and asking nicely.

Hope you get it sorted.

Stu

theconrodkid

posted on 9/4/11 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
twas reg after SVA,as for being patient Stu,when you see a huge queue going nowhere and the majority eating cakes and looking at the clock,my patients wears a little thin.
if you show them you know the rules (read up on the procedure first) they will get off their fat asses and do what they are paid to do !.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.