Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stewards Unfair treatment of Hamilton & Alonso
britishtrident

posted on 10/4/11 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Stewards Unfair treatment of Hamilton & Alonso

Both Hamilton and Alonso have been given penalties by the stewards in Malaysia for separate incidents both penalties look grossly unfair and particularly hard on Hamilton because it costs him 2 WDC points.

The Driver Advisor/Driver Steward was Emanuele Pirro ----- although with a good record in endurance and touring cars not exactly well known in F1 circles where is longest F1 role was a MClaren test driver.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

mookaloid

posted on 10/4/11 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
that's like no penalty for Alonso for causing a collision and 2 points off for Hamilton just for being there

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

britishtrident

posted on 10/4/11 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hamilton was nicked for weaving ---- nobody saw it but the stewards
Alonso really didn't need a time penalty ---- he had a self imposed stop & go in the pits.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

adithorp

posted on 10/4/11 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say I saw Hamilton weave and wondered why he got away without comment. He made his "one move"...three times.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

pdm

posted on 10/4/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
^ I agree I thought Lewis was weaving a few times and noticed MB and DC didn't say anything...
JoelP

posted on 10/4/11 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
must confess there was a point in the race where i too thought that he was weaving too much, though i cant remember if it was before the crash. So fair doo's, its not dodgems.

Alonso ran into him due to poor timing and understeer i believe, which IMHO makes it a racing incident.

Thought webber pulled it back together well from a bad start.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

loggyboy

posted on 10/4/11 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
The Driver Advisor/Driver Steward was Emanuele Pirro ----- although with a good record in endurance and touring cars not exactly well known in F1 circles where is longest F1 role was a MClaren test driver.

He was in my old Microprose F1 Game based on the 91 season as a driver for Scudia Italia..

and on further investigation hes raced over 3 years and even got 2 world champion points (and that was when you only got points for top 6 finishes.

blakep82

posted on 10/4/11 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
yep, he was quite well known back then!

"Pirro started his racing career in karts at the age of 11. At 18, he raced with the Formula Fiat Abarth, then moving on to F300, F2, F3. From 1989 to 1991, he was a Formula One driver and participated in 40 grands prix, first for Benetton and later for Scuderia Italia. He scored a total of 3 championship points."

when was this weaving business? i'm watching now, up to lap 24, not seen anything yet, but i am half asleep

edit: ooh, 'the crash' not got there yet

[Edited on 10/4/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 10/4/11 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
yeah just seen it, wouldn't agree with it being weaving. he did once or twice perhaps, but other than that was just keeping his line thought. and if it was, it certainly didn't cause the crash! that was just poor aim on alonsos part i think.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

loggyboy

posted on 10/4/11 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
yeah just seen it, wouldn't agree with it being weaving. he did once or twice perhaps, but other than that was just keeping his line thought. and if it was, it certainly didn't cause the crash! that was just poor aim on alonsos part i think.

Trouble is you dont see everything on the live feed, the stewards are able to back through all footage, and I would expect the complaint was lodge by ferrari which promted the stewards to look in to it more. However considering no damage was done to hamilton I would say (without being privvy to see all the footage of hamiltions weaving) the punishment was harsher on alonso, so the fact he didnt loose any places may acctually be the right outcome.

Hammerhead

posted on 11/4/11 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
too much weaving according to the rules.......let them fight it out I say proper dog fight weave all you like.
Triton

posted on 11/4/11 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
too much weaving according to the rules.......let them fight it out I say proper dog fight weave all you like.

Quite agree and dump that daft kers and flappy wing playstation nonsense

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scudderfish

posted on 11/4/11 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Keep the wing but allow any driver to use it any time. Skill comes in how late you use it before you start braking, and how early you dare use it exiting the corner. Same with KERS, derestrict it and allow some innovation in design and use.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.