Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: for sale maybe
shorts

posted on 12/4/11 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
for sale maybe

Hi All

Firstly i would like to thankyou all for your support with the exhaust manifold thing with MK, But as you may guess i still have not had any answers, for me to get my car on a trailer and get it over there will be about 2k by the time i have somone else to make me a manifold, so i am thinking of selling up the kit cost me 8k i think i have spent around 10.5k in total so what do you think its worth ? it needs and airbox, an ehaust manifold a rear cover for the boot area and steering set up. starts on the button no probs albeit noisy. there some pics on my profile.

i sold my perfectly good indy blade to carry out this project as it was something i always wanted to do. A BIG THANKYOU TO MK SPORTSCARS.

chris mason

posted on 12/4/11 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
You'll need to put up some pictures, but going on what you've said, i'd say somewhere between £4000 and £6000 max
Fully built road legal cars are changing hands for around and upwards of the 7k mark, so a part built with well over 1k required to finish and make road legal, your going to struggle to recoup your 10.5k.

Edited to add, i notice in the past you started a thread about being let down by Mk Sportscars, bad news now your selling, as the same thread will put people off buying car, if they have the same fear over obtaining the parts required to finish.

Best bet is to finish the car and then sell it, what it cost's to finish will be refleted in the price you receive for the finished car, v's what your going to get for it as it stands now.

[Edited on 12/4/11 by chris mason]

welderman

posted on 12/4/11 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I think our mad not to finnish it, even with all the problems your having. Kep on tring and you will get there in the end.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

tegwin

posted on 12/4/11 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
This might sound harsh.... But come on... man up... Its only an exhaust manifold.... Easy enough to come by, or make yourself... I recon you could build a functioning manifold in stainless for about £500 including buying a second hand welder for the job.... If you cant find an off the shelf one from elsehwere..

Dont let the failings of anyone else ruin your project... and dont cut off your nose to spite your face...

You should be able to find other bits from a multitude of sources..

If any suppliers still owe you parts/money then go through the correct channels by writing to them politeley, then threaten politeley with the small claims court... and if that fails.. simply take them to the small claims court...

[Edited on 12/4/11 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

INDY BIRD

posted on 12/4/11 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
keep going at it it will be worth it,

also remember so one will factor in the costs to pick the car up from you etc as you said can be expensive to get over to uk,

good luck either way but i would stick at it or look to another supplier for manifold if you get no response,

cheers

nick205

posted on 12/4/11 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
There's plenty of R1 engined cars around so there must be a suitable exhaust system available from a number of suppliers...AB Performance and MNR spring to mind as does Martin Keenan @ MK Engineering (not the same as MK Sportscars).

graememk

posted on 12/4/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
out of intrest, try calling them now and see what they say....

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/4/11 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Why on earth can't you use or modify the bike manifold?? Just put a 90 deg bend afterwards so it goes along the side of the car... I'd never pay more than £100 for such a trivial thing

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hughpinder

posted on 12/4/11 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'd push to get MK to provide the one you've paid for, while you finishing the rest of the car. If they don't respond to email there's no point in keeping sending them, write them a letter, sent registered post, marked private and confidential, addressed to the director, explaining that if you haven't got the bits, in satifactory condition within 30 days you'll go to the small claims court (they can do up to 5k now I think). 30 days is easily reasonable time even if the bit are rubbish and you have to send them back - it shows you've been reasonable. In the mean time, subscribe to 'which?' and get their legal advice - just a letter from them may get MK to knuckle down to the job.
If all else fails, there must be someone on geurnsey that can make up a manifold, even if its mild steel steel. Its only really the visible bits outside the engine bay that need to be stainless and those are pretty easy to find.
I'd finish it and either sell it as a running car, or keep it! In the end its a big irritation but only a few percent of the build cost, which you may get back (maybe) eventually. I think you would struggle to get back more than half your spend as a part built/not registered car, since finished and registered cars are only 6-8k, and people will always want to knock off a lot more than the cost of the bits to finish the job - I'd always be thinking 'if it's so easy to finish and only needs 1k spending why doesn't he finish it - must be hiding something'
good luck
Regards
Hugh

omega0684

posted on 12/4/11 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
its a shame your not building a pinto powered car, i have an entire MK exhaust system in the garage for one. (sorry no help i know)

P.S why don't you just get a private exhaust manufacturer to make you a system, who says you have to have an MK one?

[Edited on 12/4/11 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 12/4/11 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Why on earth can't you use or modify the bike manifold?? Just put a 90 deg bend afterwards so it goes along the side of the car... I'd never pay more than £100 for such a trivial thing

That's what I did, perfectly acceptable.

designer

posted on 12/4/11 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Keep the car, get a manifold made, and keep chasing MK while you cruise around the Islands.
Johneturbo

posted on 12/4/11 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just out of interest what year R1 engine? as i have a R1 5VY (04/06) manifold made by mnr that i'm selling

Don't give up once you get past this stressy part, and you are on the road it will be worth it

shorts

posted on 12/4/11 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

Sorry but i like things to look perfect i'm affraid my welding is not, well not for somthing like that anyway, and the thing is i have already paid for one !!

PSpirine

posted on 12/4/11 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Long shot I know, but how did you pay for your manifold?

If its by credit card, you can get your money back very quickly

shorts

posted on 12/4/11 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine
Long shot I know, but how did you pay for your manifold?

If its by credit card, you can get your money back very quickly

it was all in the price of the kit from mk so not sure on how much

PSpirine

posted on 12/4/11 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
And how did you pay for the kit?
graememk

posted on 12/4/11 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
again why not just call and ask, if you dont i will.

shorts

posted on 12/4/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine
And how did you pay for the kit?

i brought a kit expecting to have 90% parts to get it built so it was 8k

SeanStone

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
anyone up for clubbing together and sorting this out collectively? not just for this individual, but for anyone else having problems with them. if we all send an email saying how we feel, maybe saying we will happily advise people against their product if nothing is sorted, then maybe they'll listen. the kit car community doesn't need manufacturers playing around with their customers and as consumers we should stand against it. it's a small market and having such a big community here on locost builders, we can surely weild some collective power!
40inches

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeanStone
anyone up for clubbing together and sorting this out collectively? not just for this individual, but for anyone else having problems with them. if we all send an email saying how we feel, maybe saying we will happily advise people against their product if nothing is sorted, then maybe they'll listen. the kit car community doesn't need manufacturers playing around with their customers and as consumers we should stand against it. it's a small market and having such a big community here on locost builders, we can surely weild some collective power!

They will by now already know.

norm007

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
anyone up for clubbing together and sorting this out collectively? =============================================================================================================================================

I would stump up £10, only need another 20/30 people to do the same. Simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something about this, so very wrong.....I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn`t like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macc man

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I had trouble finding an off the shelf system so I went to my local exhaust manufacturer JP exhausts of Macclesfield. I collected a selection of bends and a laser cut manifold. Tack welded it together and got them to tig weld it. Did not cost much and fitted great. There must be someone on the island who can help you. Good luck.

shorts

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

just looked at your on your photos, what a good idea looks good to.

Davegtst

posted on 12/4/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear you are still having problems even after Danny promised to send it out. Just goes to show what kind of company they really are. I know how you feel, MK have ruinined my build experience too with their lies and false promises.
Don't give up now though for the sake of a manifold, you'll get there.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.