Yes worth it!
No just arrive and drive!

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nurburgring track day?
elf83

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Nurburgring track day?

Is it worth doing a nurburg track day at 400 odd pound or just arriving and driving??
MakeEverything

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Do you get controlled exclusive access to the ring with the organised track day? If so, then id say do that. The only thing that puts me off, is the other drivers in uncontrolled conditions.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Paradoxia0

posted on 12/4/11 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to the Ring with a friend on a couple of occasions and we just turned up and drove. Worth checking online first that isn't an event on that would stop you getting in (we had one day written off as it was a "Friends and Family day"!!!)

The driving standard on the ring is generally pretty good. If you are quick people move over and let you pass safely, if you have a faster car bearing down on you you keep to the left and let it pass (where safe). I have seen a couple of crashes but from memory these have all been people being over zealous and spinning, skidding onto the grass or armco. Drive within your abilities! It is generally very safe and if the worse comes to the worse emergency services are there all the time.

On the other had I have seen too many smashed up motorbikes and bikers nursing arms, legs and one just laying in the gravel trap waiting for the ambulance. The very thought of taking a bike on the Ring scares the be-jesus out of me...

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.