Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Race Technology Wiring Dilemma?
omega0684

posted on 16/4/11 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Race Technology Wiring Dilemma?

Afternoon all,

Im a little confused with regards to the wiring on my race Technology dash, im trying to wire in the fuel sender gauge but i can't find a wiring diagram on their website and nothing in the manual they sent me. I have had a look on the forum and there seems to be a few guys having similar problems. At the moment i have the sensor earthed and the feed from the sender goes to the analog input (2) on the digi dash.

My fuel sender has a resistance of 300 ohms when simulating that the tank is empty and 8 ohms when the tank is full. i have read that i need to put in a 500 ohm resister from the analog input wire for the sender and a 5v reference wire on the digidash and then earth the sender. I have a problem here and that is that my 5v reference wire is being used for my Oil Pressure sensor. Is it ok to use the 5v reference wire from the digi dash for both the Oil Pressure Sensor and the Fuel Sender?

thanks in advance

Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fimi7

posted on 16/4/11 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if this will help

http://westfield-world.com/rtdash2.html

--- Ali

omega0684

posted on 16/4/11 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
cheers ali, thats some useful info there (and thanks for the link) but doesn't answer my question

can you use the 5V ref for 2 sensors or do you have to use 2 independant 5V references? its already being used for my Oil Pressure Sensor but i need a 5V reference for my fuel sender too

this is really starting to frustrate me now, i can't even ring RT because they arn't open, i've done nothing today apart from solder 2 wires together!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
simonwinn

posted on 16/4/11 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
linky
I used the info in the link above to connect my fuel sender to the Dash 2.
I have a pull up resistor fitted right near the sender and this is where the 5v supply and the signal back to the dash are joined. The other wire on the sender is earth.

I think from the Race Technology site the 5v feed is 100mA MAX so as long as both your sensors dont exceed this you should be ok.

Tris

posted on 16/4/11 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
All of my sensors feed from that single 5v reference with no problems at all. You should never get near the current limit unless you use very low resistance pull up resistors

Cheers
Tris

omega0684

posted on 16/4/11 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
tris how would you wire them up>?

daniel mason

posted on 18/4/11 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
alex, are you not using the ecu interface with this dash? it monitors coolant temp,oil temp.oil pressure,rpm etc which frees up the analogue outs to do other things!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.