Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Vortex Race nose cone
Eternal

posted on 16/4/11 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Vortex Race nose cone

Hi all. I have just seen in the flesh some MNR's and i am amazed at the looks and style.
Im looking to buy the race(non slatted) nose cone. But i have been advised by an MNR owner that they wont sell them to people who dont have the cars. What i plan to do is use it as a base and chop it all up and rework it into a donkervoort style nosecone so it wont look anything like an MNR.
So my question is this do you guys think they will sell me one? Or is it a case of trying to find an old 2nd hand busted up one?
Its going on my Skyline Roadster lol so its going to look alot different than a MNR anyhow.

RichardK

posted on 16/4/11 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
No harm in asking Chris or Mark, if you explain that you want it to cut and shut and it'll look nothing like the original they may offer to help you out, they may even have a second that they would like to shift.

Doubt they'd be interested otherwise thought.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Eternal

posted on 16/4/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
No harm in sending a email. The more and more i see of the MNR's the more i want one lol.

Im starting to think im going to have to get one as a track car..... hummmmmmmm tempting!

loggyboy

posted on 16/4/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I got the impression MNR are very careful about their 'image'. When I spoke to them at detling they told me they wont even let owners register the cars on Q plates!
daniel mason

posted on 16/4/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
^^ dont know where you got that from but there are q plated mnr's. although not many. i almost bought one a while ago from scoctland but decided to build my own. i do know they would not sell them to someone who was trying to make there 7 look like an mnr (and they are entitled to do so) but they are very helpful and would offer advice if they could not supply you one

loggyboy

posted on 16/4/11 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
^^ dont know where you got that from but there are q plated mnr's. although not many. i almost bought one a while ago from scoctland but decided to build my own. i do know they would not sell them to someone who was trying to make there 7 look like an mnr (and they are entitled to do so) but they are very helpful and would offer advice if they could not supply you one

From the horses mouth as such, they themselves told me they dont 'let' people do it.
I guess they cant 100% control it though, or its something they are doing more recently?

[Edited on 16/4/11 by loggyboy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.