Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wedding
blakep82

posted on 29/4/11 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
I find the whole thing much more captivating than I expected.

It doesn't matter what this costs - it's a first-class advert for our little island. It's more than just history; it's what makes us 'Great' in the eyes of the world and therefore promotes our position in all elements of life - not least in industry and commerce.

+1, without them, tourism would be right down. americans seem to love the royals, so they spend money here, austrailians came over for it and i saw them on telly yesterday, though they just kept talking about kate. don't think they were interested in the rest

have to admit, i am watching actually. funny when the ring almost didn't fit her finger, and he had to pull on the end of it to thread it on. he pulled her finger, she farted, everyone laughed

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

jlparsons

posted on 29/4/11 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Should be another category - "watched five minutes of it, thought "that's nice" and went off to do something more interesting instead"

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

contaminated

posted on 29/4/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Well unusually for me I've been quite enjoying it. Sort of waiting for something funny to go wrong. The ring nearly didn't fit which was good. I walked away when I saw that fat gobby turd what sung at Dianna's funeral.

Tiger Super Six Independent
www.southernkitcars.com

johny p

posted on 29/4/11 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
i think its fantastic day.. with all the wars and bad things happenening in the world and along with the current climit i think this is a step forward.. and im proud to be british....so cheer up you miserable gets....
GeorgeM

posted on 29/4/11 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
didn't intend to watch as much as I have, but getting bits ready for Stoneleigh at the same time.

GOOD LUCK TO THEM BOTH

Re the costs, I believe the Royals are picking up almost all of the costs.
We are paying for the security only.
If correct, the country is earning more than 10 x the cost to us
even the photographers are paying for their 'pitch'
Shame we have to import the memorabilia........

Think of all those tourists coming to get a look at Katie... oops, sorry, HRH
Now Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke & Dutchess of Cambridge !

My conscience is clear - I drive a GREEN car
MNR Racing
essexkitcarclub.com

contaminated

posted on 29/4/11 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
I have quite enjoyed it really. We have a street party later as well. Road closed, live band etc. I like to think that while I'm there William will be taking Kate roughly from behind

Tiger Super Six Independent
www.southernkitcars.com

David Jenkins

posted on 29/4/11 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I had a really nice 1-hour drive while the wedding was taking place - hardly anyone on the roads, and was even able to get up to the legal limit in places where I normally get stuck behind some old f*rt in a Micra doing 35 in a 60 zone...

blakep82

posted on 29/4/11 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by contaminated
I like to think that while I'm there William will be taking Kate roughly from behind

what, like slightly off centre?

[Edited on 29/4/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

A1

posted on 29/4/11 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
i cant be assed with it...its been rushed through to make the country happy in the middle of the recession. kinda like that dude in bahrain did, but he gave them money...bit more useful methinks

Is anyone else pissed off at all these bank holidays? nothings getting delivered on time.

Andybarbet

posted on 29/4/11 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
I work for a small business & we dont get today off unfortunately.

I say good luck to them both, i will toast them with a beer later

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Pezza

posted on 29/4/11 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Day off, pub at the end of the road put on a complimentary buffet, and it was an excuse to start drinking at 10:30

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

stevegough

posted on 29/4/11 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet

I work for a very big business, but they made a 'you're not getting a day off' policy decision.
Tightwads.

Name and shame - Westinghouse nuclear.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

Liam

posted on 29/4/11 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Well I watched the ceremony. Nice enough - fair play to them. Not exactly riveting TV so I switched off after the ceremony. I dont mind the fuss being made at all - so many people moan that we dont have any national pride anymore - I bet those same people are moaning about this wedding getting so much attention. I think it's a good thing myself.

Oh, and OMG what the hell was Princess Eugenie (however you spell it - or was it her sister?) wearing on her head??!! Looked like some kind of alien antenna sticking out of her forehead or something! I mean 99% of hats are ridiculous hideous looking things anyway, but that one - wow!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 29/4/11 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam

Oh, and OMG what the hell was Princess Eugenie (however you spell it - or was it her sister?) wearing on her head??!! Looked like some kind of alien antenna sticking out of her forehead or something! I mean 99% of hats are ridiculous hideous looking things anyway, but that one - wow!

It was an aerial relaying pics back to her mum.

Paul G

Ivan

posted on 29/4/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Must admit we watched and enjoyed it more than expected. (Watched from just before Will's arrival in the Church to just after the Balcony scene)

Wife wants to know - what is her surname now and is she officially a princess?

Also - I think you Brits seriously underestimate the prestige and level of respect the Royal family bring to Britain. To many outside Britain they are the only thing that keeps it "Great" in their minds and hence make it worthwhile investing in or it's opinion worthwhile considering.

Enjoyed the WW2 flypast.

blakep82

posted on 29/4/11 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
its been pretty good seeing people decorate their houses up in union flag bunting, and having parties. a few on the bigger (old ship yard owners houses) flying a union flag from flag poles and stuff. you don't get that much here.

the rest of them wearing celtic tops lol

slingshot2000

posted on 29/4/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
Wife wants to know - what is her surname now and is she officially a princess?

Kates new surnme is Windsor, and no she is not now a princess. The Queen had the power to grant that, but declined. She didn't make the Duke of Edinburgh a price until they had been married for ten years.

Kate is now the Duchess of Cambridge and may use the title Her Royal Highness Princess William of Wales,
according to the BBC.

Regards
jon

blakep82

posted on 29/4/11 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
isn't it mountbatten-windsor?

RickRick

posted on 29/4/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
we were forced to have the day off, i think i'd have rather been in work and kept the day to use at my leisure

it was a good feeling to see all the british and english flags flying for a change it's almost like people were proud of were we live!

stange walking the streets early afternoon, hardly anyone one out and about

Volvorsport

posted on 29/4/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
im sure the republican states would love the chance to put on a state do and earn the amount of money the royals are pulling in today , even if its a bit over the top, but i say fair play , if i was a prince , id close all the roads and have a massive road race without speed limits for a day .

how many of us would moan then ?

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

scudderfish

posted on 29/4/11 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Don't care, I'm pissed.

stevegough

posted on 29/4/11 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
Don't care, I'm pissed.

Hope Will isn't getting bladdered - nothing like brewer's droop to get the wedding night off on the wrong foot!!

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

SteveWalker

posted on 29/4/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet

I work for a very big business, but they made a 'you're not getting a day off' policy decision.
Tightwads.

Name and shame - Westinghouse nuclear.

My wife works for the NHS as a Community Psychiatric Nurse and was basically told that she would have to take the day off, as the offices would be closed and there'd be no support staff, but that as she's only part-time (half a week's hours compressed into two days) they'd only give her half the day off and she'd have to take the other half-day from her annual leave - no matter what her plans were for that leave!

I too have been forced to take the day off. I work in my client's office and am paid hourly. They've closed for the day, so I've lost a day's pay, which I'd rather not have, considering all the bank holidays we have at this time of year.

SteveW

Yazza54

posted on 29/4/11 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Watched it just to see how tidy Kate looked. Apart from that, not really interested.

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

whitestu

posted on 30/4/11 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Watched it just to see how tidy Kate looked.

Really? She's not much of a looker in my book, but then the royals never have been.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.