Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Introducing - Voodoo Auto Kits.
Airhead

posted on 5/5/11 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Introducing - Voodoo Auto Kits.

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce Voodoo Auto Kits to you fine people, I have already contacted admin with regards to a Registered Trader so hope that this won't be considered in contravention of the rules...

I have been developing an MX5 conversion for the Haynes Roadster over the last couple of years and have overcome a number of inherent conflicts between the Ford and Mazda designs. I worked closely with 3GE on the suspension design and am very happy with the results. When John decided to call it a day I started to think long and hard about the hole left in the market; the result is Voodoo Auto Kits. Our product is going by the name of the VR5 (Voodoo Roadster and MX5) and will in time become a complete package.

I see the VR5 as filling the gap in the market for affordable, good looking and effective components. All of our products are produced using modern CAD/CAM processes and have all been designed on computer before going into production. We are also going to be pushing the envelope with regards to body panel production employing new techniques to ensure consistent, high quality and darned good looks.

Voodoo is going to be managed by myself with a number of key players acting as consultants so as to keep the products fresh and safe! John of 3GE fame has been offering support and advice with regards to the technical elements of the design, he is also a constant source of innovative ideas all of which will be making their way onto the website soon. Mark Bean, better known as Fabbyglass has come out of retirement to offer a wealth of knowledge and is currently working with me on designing a new, fresh and very cool set of body panels which will fit the existing Roadster as well as the VR5. Acting as technical advisor, Mark Allanson has been integral in the discussions leading up to this point and will be acting as an ID to my ego in the days to come.

The website is slowly coming together www.voodooautokits.co.uk there’s not much there at the moment but feel free to sign up for the newsletter and find out about the exciting new innovations as they happen. If you have any questions etc I have registered a new user on here – Voodoo, feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Matt

I've got a little black book with my poems in!

My build diary: http://www.mx5-locost.co.uk

swanny

posted on 5/5/11 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
good luck with this.
mikeb

posted on 5/5/11 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
good luck with it, don't work Mark to hard. Will be interested to see what fresh take is applied to the body panels.
Try and get some more info on the website, sparce is the key word at the minute!

FASTdan

posted on 5/5/11 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck with your venture - nice to see someone having a go. Sounds interesting too

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
twybrow

posted on 5/5/11 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the venture... could the body panels be made using an RTM-light approach? I thought that might be your big change, as you have a very good consultancy for the technology in Saltash (COmpoistes Integration)...

I is a tricky market to succeed in, so all the best for the future.

Airhead

posted on 5/5/11 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the positive comments so far!

Re RTM - I have a supplier much closer to hand than Saltash but thanks for the input

Matt

big_wasa

posted on 5/5/11 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
People want customer service. Get that sorted with a good product and you could do well.

I would sooner pay a fair price with good service than a rock bottom price with crap service.

wilkingj

posted on 5/5/11 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the venture.

Fair Prices and GOOD Service is the key (IMHO).
Do what you say you will do, and if you cant TELL the customer ASAP.
Good communications are paramount in a successful business.

All the Best

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad-butcher

posted on 6/5/11 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
+1
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Airhead

posted on 6/5/11 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Seriously, thanks for all the support and advice. It is encouraging to hear people talk of honesty and customer support as I have always treated people as I expect to be treated myself so hopefully that'll come across in Voodoo.

Cheers

Matt

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.