Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Speed Sender (magnet style needed)
Kriss

posted on 5/5/11 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Speed Sender (magnet style needed)

My speedo pick up and magnet are located near to the sprocket on my diff (BEC end)

The bracket used bolts to the engine casing and three times now it has broken and lost alls peedo and gear readings.

I hate it and want to move it to somewhere a little more accessable. Drive shaft or hub.

However, I need to extend the wire and possibly replace the pick up/sensor and new magnets.

Can I buy a kit for this? Its KOSO gear that I use right now and its been very good indeed. However I cant find a spares contant, yet feel that the engineering and design principal is consistent between manufacturers

mad-butcher

posted on 5/5/11 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
This is how I did the acewell one, great thing with the acewell is the magnet is mounted in a bolt so you just drill and tap the lobro casing.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

and this is how I did the 4 magnet telemetric (smiths) pain in the arse cos it took 4 days to stick the magnets on using the original 24hr araldite not the rapid stuff.

[img] Rescued attachment speedo pickup mount.jpg
Rescued attachment speedo pickup mount.jpg
[/img]

give russbost a shout he may be able to supply the acewell magnet and sensor

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 5/5/11 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/ 07967 676703 and ask for jon. very helpfull chap can supply all the koso spares. my ali speedo bracket snapped also i have a spare if you need one and a few magnets.

edit. forgot to say he now also has a new type of sender in stock that can replace the old magnet one so it can work off a bolt if thats the way you want to go

[Edited on 5/5/2011 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.